❤️Chapter thirty-two

Sip coffee and eat cakes as you read!

      Ifeoma Okoh strolled out of the conference Hall, her heels hit the tiled floor. She stood beside the building as she waited for her colleagues. A lot of people that walked out of the hall and saw her standing there exchanged pleasantries with her and commended the speech she made.

    In few minutes, her three colleagues were out. They all came in one car. The car their company assigned them to with a driver for the trip.

          The hotel that their company booked was All league hotel. They hadn't bothered to check it out when they arrived. It was just few minutes to the meeting so they went straight to the venue.

       Presently, inside the car, campus blues was playing softly. The four of them talked loudly that their voices drowned the song.

     "I was so scared at some point. That man is really intimidating. That God you came to rescue." Ifeoma said then ended off with a short laugh.

     "Of course, we are team members." Mr. Samuel said.

      "It was so hard to convince that man." Mrs. Bode started. "But we did our best. Mrs Okoh, your speech is really commendable, you're intelligent and your convincing skill is top notch. After you spoke, I'm sure it cleared every doubt he had. I know he'll call us back."

       "You know the other woman that was on a red gown from the other company, she scared me at first. What she said about her company and their insurance plans was almost enough to convince me but when Mrs. Okoh spoke, I knew who was the boss." Mrs. Kofi said. Her Ghanaian accent played on every word she spoke and it was plain Melody.

       "You people are flattering me oo." Ifeoma said.

     "Truth be told, it isn't just flattering. You did well there. You're an intelligent and beautiful woman." Mr. Samuel concluded and everyone kept quiet.

    Ifeoma stared at her fingers nervously as different forms of emotions rubbed her. A lot of people commended her today but the last one made her heart beat faster. She was really proud of herself.

'So he doesn't think of me of yet another stupid woman who had a baby at 16, grew up, slept around, got pregnant and had an abortion.' Ifeoma said in her mind.

    'You're a beautiful and intelligent woman' was the only thought that rang in her head even as the driver drove into the garage of 'All league' hotel.

    Only she and Mr. Samuel came down of the car and she wondered if the other women wanted a private hotel. One which theit company doesn't sponsor.

     "Oh, we didn't tell you earlier," Mrs Kofi said then gave a very wide grin that you'd pass on as fake. "Mrs. Bode's elder sister lives here in Abuja. She lives alone and we'd be staying at her place. She'd be very glad to have us."

     "Yes, the driver will drop us there."

"Ma, we have a meeting by 11am tomorrow. Should the driver come and pick you two also?"

    "No, I'm sure my sister has a driver." Mrs. Bode said and they waved them good bye after taking their bags out of the car booth. They both walked into the hotel.

      Ifeoma stood aside as Samuel showed the receptionist their tickets for the room that had been reserved for each of them.

     "I'm sorry sir, you people were supposed to arrive yesterday but you didn't. We assumed the reservation has been cancelled. A lot of people came yesterday to lodge rooms and we couldn't turn them down because of people we aren't sure of." The receptionist explained.