❤️Chapter twenty-six

"He has been taking these pills that makes one lose appetite or throw up after eating. It's actually a sleeping pill but those are the side effects."

   'Why do they have a thing for pills?'  was the first thing that came to my mind after the doctor said that.

     "Are there any other side effects? Why did he faint today?" Elyon asked.

        "Other side effects includes difficulty in breathing, chest pain, drowsiness and many more. That pill, Axil, has been banned so I wonder were he got it. He'd be using oxygen for some days because of the difficulty in breathing."

    "How long would this be?" Elyon asked again.

    "Till the pills have been washed off his system completely. I'll be giving him injections to wash the pills away." The doctor said finally.

    It's been three days since then. I was sitting besides Dindu's hospital bed with Elyon, his aunt. She's not much older than us. She's nineteen and a second year student of Lagos State University.

     We got along pretty well and I wasn't bored for a moment. She'd tell jokes and show me memes on her phone which would make me laugh out loud. We were less worried about Dindu because the doctor said he was fine now and the oxygen would be removed by twelve, this afternoon. It was already past 11 am.

     Elyon excused her self and I was left with Dindu who is no longer unconscious but unable to talk because of the oxygen he was receiving. I knew he was tired of it and he was sure he'd be able to breath on his own now because of the countless number of injections he has received since he was admitted.

    I shift the chair I was sitting on closer to him.

       "Hey Dindu, I know you're bored out of your mind now so let me tell you a story."

     He tried to turn to the other side to show that he was uninterested but he couldn't because of the drip in the other side of his hand.

    I chuckled at that and I could tell he would slap me if he could.

     "Hey, Let me tell you something, because I'm talking with you now doesn't mean I hate you less. You and Kelly haven't even apologized for what you both did to me and for you to think I've forgotten, you're a mezebuu." I said to him even though I knew he couldn't answer me, that was the more reason I was even saying it.

   "I could just remove this oxygen and you'd just die." I threatened and stood up, turning to the side of the bed were the oxygen was connected.

    Dindu raised his two palms and joined them together in a pleading manner.

   "Simisola please, even though you hate my son, please don't do this to me." Aunty Ifeoma said as she walked into the room with Elyon.

   I almost burst into laughter.

"Chill ma'am's, I just want to unplug my phone from the socket that's here because I'm tired of talking to my self." I said, unplugging my phone and raising it up.

    "OMG, Simi, you almost gave her a heart attack." Elyon laughed. "I know you wouldn't do that though." She added.

   "What the actual hell, he's even fine now though."

   "But that doesn't make you a medical personnel." Aunty Ifeoma said as she occupied the chair I sat on before.

       "Yo! I'm very hungry and this hospital sucks. I feel very uncomfortable, like I haven't had a bath for more than twenty-four hours." I complained.