I. wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty

⭐

As Scott had promised Derek, he and Stiles had gone to visit their old friend, Star Hale. Currently, the boys hadn't had much going on (surprisingly), so Stiles thought now would be a perfect time to go visit their long-forgotten (asleep) friend.

Scott and Stiles snuck into the empty corridor of the hospital, making sure no one was there to see them. Once Scott found Star's door, the boys quietly but quickly rushed in, not seeing the old man witnessing them in confusion.

Scott sighed when they walked in and locked the door. Stiles' breath hitched as his eyes fell on her. There she lay, his forgotten friend, the girl he had lived so dearly, on a hospital bed with scars and burn marks littering her face, unaware of the world around her.

Six Years.

Six years it had been. Since the Hale house fire. Since she fell comatose. Since he lost his best friend.

Six years he had forgotten her.

Stiles instantly felt guilt and regret for never coming to see her. This had been his first time. He never had the courage to and his dad never forced him to.

She had certainly changed. She looked older which was a given seeing as she was now fifteen, not nine. Her skin was paler. He hated how fragile she looked. Star was always- always- strong. So headstrong and brave and fearless. She no longer looked like that.

Her chestnut brown hair had also grown. When they were kids it was always up to her shoulders with wispy bangs that stopped above her eyes. Now it had grown past her shoulders and down to her waist.

He watched as her chest rose and fell, the only indication that she was alive and breathing.

"Stiles?"

The buzzcut boy snapped out of his thoughts and looked at his curly-haired friend.

"You good?" Scott asked.

Stiles cleared his throat, "Yeah... It's just- It's been a while, you know?"

"Yeah, I pretty much had the same reaction, too."

Both boys pulled out chairs on either side of the bed and sat down.

"Is this weird? This feels weird, right?"

Scott looked at Stiles, confused.

"Why is it weird?"

"I don't know. Never mind."

Scott could tell that being with Star again affected Stiles more than he let show.

"Do you remember," Scott began to laugh, "When I asked her to marry me with a ring pop?"

A smile crept onto Stiles' face, "Do you know I got so jealous when she said yes to you I asked her to marry me instead?"

Scott laughed in shock, "Dude, really!"