- magic bullet

"What are we doing here?"

Scott asked Derek as they stepped out of the latter's car once he parked outside a building. Scott looked at the sign that read

Beacons Crossing Home.
A Long-Term Care Facility.

Derek didn't say anything as he shut the door and walked towards the place. Scott ran to catch up to him because of the speed he was walking in.

Scott followed Derek into the building, past the nurses and stopped in front of a patient door. Without a word, Derek walked in, Scott trailing behind.

In the room, Scott saw a 30-something-year-old man sitting on a chair, looking somewhere off in the distance. He noticed how the man was so still, not even blinking, hardly looking alive. Scott would've thought the man was dead if he couldn't hear his heart beating ever so slightly.

"Who is he?" the curly-haired teenager asked looking between the man and Derek.

"My uncle. Peter Hale," Derek answers, his eyes glued on the man.

Scott's eyes widened, slightly, "Stars Dad."

"How do you know Star?" Derek asked, confused, finally looking at the boy.

"Erm, I went to school with her. Me and Stiles. We were actually really close friends with her." Scott says. Derek just nodded, deep in thought.

"Is he like you? Are they- are they like you? Werewolves?" Scott asked, not sure if he wanted to know if his old friend was something he despises.

"They were. Now he's barely human." Derek said, not realising how Scott tensed slightly.
"Six years ago, my sister and I went to school. Our house caught on fire. Eleven people were trapped inside. He and my cousin were the only survivors."

"So, what makes you so sure that they set the fire?"

"'Cause they're the only ones who knew about us," Derek said, not wanting to admit how he really knew.

"Then... they had a reason," Scott tried defending Allison and her family.

Derek could feel anger rising in him, slightly, but he kept his sort of calm exterior.
"Like what?"

But before Scott could think of anything, Derek carried on speaking.
"You tell me what justifies this."

Scott watched as Derek turned Peter's chair, facing him toward Scott. When Derek moved back, Scott then saw the melted skin. The burnt marks that had stayed on the side of his face, unhealing. Scott's eyes widened.

"They say they'll only kill an adult and only with absolute proof. But there were people in my family that were perfectly ordinary in that fire. And Star, she was only nine and she was there. This is what they do. And it's what Allison will do."

Scott didn't know how to respond. Instead, he asked, "Where's Star? Show me her."

Derek didn't say anything when he walked out, Scott following once again, and they walked into the room opposite the one they just left.

As they walked in, Scott saw the young brunette girl who lay asleep in the hospital bed, her burnt marks bad but not as much as her dad's. She didn't look the same as Scott had remembered her but that was a given seeing as she was now fifteen not nine.

Slowly, he walked over to her body, unsure what to say. He held her cold hand.
"Do they know if she's going to wake up, or is she, I don't know, just.. gonna stay like this?"

"Ever since I came back and checked on her, the nurses said she's been showing signs of waking up. Not sure when she will exactly, so every full moon I've been trying to come to check in on her," Derek told him, from the other side of the bed.

"Why every full moon?"

"'Cause she hasn't turned in six years. If she wakes up on a full moon, her bloodlust will be at its peak. She'd probably kill everyone here before she realizes what she did."

Scott stood wide-eyed. "Wow. Okay, that- that's bad... But what if she wakes up before then? Would she still... kill everyone?"

"Probably not everyone. Just a couple of bystanders, maybe," Derek responded, nonchalantly.

Scott looked up at him with wide, judgy eyes. Noticing, Derek just shrugged, "Not like I can stay with her all the time. We have an Alpha to find."

"I- what if you don't have to," Scott said. Derek raised his eyebrows at him, confused. "I mean what if.. what if I help you watch over her sometimes? I can bring Stiles as well, I'm sure he won't mind."

"You and Stiles? Why would you help?" Derek asked with furrowed brows.

"Maybe because we don't want innocent people to get hurt or possibly die! And because she was our friend. Is, I mean. Plus, it's the least we could do for forgetting about her these past few years," Scott said, scratching the back of his neck, awkwardly.

Derek just looked at him for a second too long, "Okay, but if something happens to her under your watch, I'm holding you and your annoying sidekick responsible. And the second something happens, you call me. Before the nurses. Got it?"

But before Scott could answer 'okay', the voice of a female nurse was heard from outside the door.
"Hey, what are you doing? How did you get in here?"

Derek looked at the redhead nurse and back at Scott, "We were just leaving."

Scott looked back at the sleeping beauty. 'Ironic, Aurora was her favourite princess, he thought.

He was gonna let go and walk away but stopped when he felt her squeeze his hand, slightly. He looked back up at her shocked but she was still asleep.

With a small smile, he walked out of the room to follow Derek who had already walked out.

This is gonna be the last fill-in chapter. Time to start her story!

Enjoy, loves!

I'm gonna get tired of that real soon^^