"Khalaaa !" Alizey squealed and trashed in Arham's arms to free herself to go to Meher.

"Oh my baby, did you miss khala ?" Meher cooed as she took Alizey into her arms. Bouncing the little girl in her arms making her giggle.

"Alijay mwiss you Khala." She said pouting.

"I missed you more baby." She said kissing Alizey on her forehead.

Arham watched the two important women in his life with fondness.

"All the love only for Khala, what about baba ?"

"Alijay love baba too." Alizey said giving Arham a toothy grin.

"Now let's go to mamma." Alizey said enthusiastically.

Meher handed Alizey to Arham and pulled out the shawl from her bag, since she was till in her work clothes, the shawl would have to do.

Meher draped the shawl across her shoulder and covered her head with it. Walking behind Arham, they made their way to Hooriya's grave.

Five years it had been. Everything had changes.

Meher took out the bag of red rose petals and spread it covering the white marble or her grave. She lit the incense stick and placed it on the side.

She looked at Arham who was already making a dua. She smiled at Alizey and called Alizey towards her. She opened Alizey's palm and placed the back of her hand it above her palm and closed her eyes in dua.

"Wherever you are Hooriya baaji, I know you are looking down at us, blessing us. Look how far we've come, we are happy Hooriya baaji, you wanted us to be happy didn't you. Arham learnt to share the space in his heart which was only meant for you with someone now, I don't know whom he loves more you or Alizey." Meher chuckled silently.
"She is a ray of light in all our lives, she is our bundle of happiness, she keeps asking me about you, about how her mother looked like, what her mother did, and although she isn't any of our blood, I know for sure she is going to be exactly like you. She is going to be a good soul. I can't text you about how my day went anymore, so I often look at the sky and talk to the brightest star hoping it's you, I hope it's you. We all miss you, we miss you everyday. Since you are the closest to him, please pray that he keeps us in his grace and is with us in any step of the way."

Meher opened her eyes to see Alizey had slipped out of her hold and was now sitting in Arham's lap who was arranging flower beside Hooriya's grave.

"What were you telling Hoor ?" Arham asked.
"Your eyes are closed since so long, were you complaint to her about me ?" He asked her playfully.

"How do you know ?" Meher faked astonishment before rolling her eyes and Arham shrug.

Meher looked at Arham and a small smile graced her lips, apart from the physical changes in his body, he had changed completely as a person.
The Arham she knew then was different that the Arham who was with here today.

Arham and Meher had divorced six months after Hooriya's death, although divorced, Arham was still her family.

Arham and Meher had been each other's crutches as they both healed from their pasts.

A year later, Arham had filed his papers for adoption, he wanted to have a child.

Another year of struggle later, Arham finally was approved for adopting. Meher remembered the day he had received the call about his approval, Arham had sobbed like a child.

Meher recollected the day around a week after his approval, she had gone to the orphanage with Arham and Safa, she remembered that day so vividly.