🔪 Chapter 3: Off to College (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

"Aw, how did you get so grown up already?" I teased before hugging him. "Thank you, Toby. I love you."

"Love you too, sis." He said.

"Okay, I think it's time to go, Ro. I bet your friends are waiting for you." Mr. Anderson said.

"Yeah, let's go," I said, breaking the hug and we all headed out of the house.

"Ro!" Heather called out and waved at us. "Oh, hi Mr. and Mrs. Anderson! And Toby!"

Mr. Anderson and I walk towards the car and Eddie walks out of his car to help out.

"Let me help, Mr. Anderson," Eddie said as he opened the trunk of his car.

"Thank you, Edward." He said.

Heather nudges my shoulder and I just shake my head.

"Toby is quite tall now. He was so small and cute back then. He's almost as tall as you only by a few inches." Heather said.

"Yeah, he's still my little brother though," I said. "Time flies."

"Alright, I bet that's it," Mr. Anderson said. "You guys better take care of yourselves. Oh, and Edward and Heather... please take care of Aurora. You guys should always look out for each other, no matter what. You guys can still have fun but still... be careful. And don't forget to study as well. College can be a bit tougher than high school." 

"Don't worry, Mr. Anderson. We'll take care of each other." Heather said. "We'll keep an eye out for Ro."

"Edward, if anything goes wrong... call me or Aurora's mother right away," Mr. Anderson said, handing a piece of paper to Eddie which contains his phone number and Mom's phone number.

"I will, Mr. Anderson. And I'll protect them no matter what." Eddie said.

He patted Edward's shoulder. "Drive safely."

"Here you go sis," Toby said, handing the box to me.

"Thanks, Toby. I'm gonna miss you. Now, take care of yourself, and don't give Mom and Mr. Anderson a hard time. And look out for yourself at all times." I said to Toby.

"I will." He said, giving me a small hug before walking back to the house. I look at Mom and she smiles before walking towards me.

"Heather, could you put this box and my backpack inside the car please?" I asked, handing over my things to her. "Also, put this gift bag inside my backpack, please."

"Sure. By the way, you take shotgun." Heather said before opening the car door.

"Aurora, sweetie." My Mom spoke as she held onto my hands. "Please be careful. Always take your medicine - one in the morning and one in the evening. Call me or Mr. Anderson in case something goes wrong. And do your best in school. And always know that I love you so much." She said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes, Mom. I will be careful. And you take care of yourself too. Again, I'll call and update you. I'll even call you once we're settled in the dorms before bedtime. I love you too." I said, reassuringly holding her hands. "Okay, I think it's time to go now."