02 - Blue

"Again?!" I exclaimed right after I opened my eyes and the white walls of the hospital welcomed me.

I just had a bad dream and it felt so real. I was running out of breath and some weird flowers are coming out of my mouth. That's disgusting!

"Tadashi? Thank God you're awake!" I heard my mother's voice on the left side of the bed. I turned my head to face her– she's crying.

"Mom, what happened to me?" I asked her as I wiped the tears on her soft face.

"Kei-kun contacted us, he said you lost your consciousness while you two are walking home." My mother answered, holding my hand and gently squeezing it.

I gasped and tried to remember what really happened. Oh that's right! I was walking home with Tsukki and he was talking to the Nekoma High Captain at his phone. He even told me they were dating.

Ugh. Nevermind that part. It somehow ruins my day.

"Tadashi, are you skipping your meals?" My worried mother asked me but I could not answer her because my chest suddenly felt painful.

I breathed in and out slowly as I gripped my chest with my right hand. It's so painful. Am I dying?

"Tadashi? Tadashi!" My mother panicked as my facial expression changed from looking normal to an expression that clearly shows the feeling of an excruciating pain.

She immediately called the doctor and after a few minutes, the doctor came. As soon as he entered the room, he immediately gave me some pills, saying that it will help to ease the pain.

After that, I totally calmed down. My mother is talking to the doctor outside of the room and I can see them, but I can't hear what they're talking about.

After a few minutes, they finished talking and the doctor patted the shoulder of my crying mother.

Am I really gonna die? How many days do I have left? Should I leave the Volleyball Club? No, I don't want to!

As soon as they finished, my mother went back to me and kissed my forehead.

"Mom, where's Tsukki?" I asked her.

"Tsukki?" She froze for a minute, trying to remember who is Tsukki.

"I mean, Kei." I clarified. I used to call Tsukki "Kei" when we were young but when we got to middle school, I created a nickname for him that I am the only one allowed to used. Though everyone in the club calls him Tsukki now, but I don't mind it that much.

"Ah, Kei-kun! I told him to go home when I got here. His mom is looking for him. Don't worry, you'll see each other soon." She said, arranging the pillows on my side.

She smiled at me. My mom is so sweet. People said that I looked exactly like my dad but I got my attitude and behaviour from my mom. Well, I guess they're right.

"Tadashi, the doctor have something to tell you about your condition." She stroked my hair for the last time then stepped outside of the room, leaving me alone.

The doctor came inside with a piece of paper in his right hand while his other hand is on his pocket.

"Mr. Yamaguchi, I have something to ask you." He started, then he sat on the nearest chair.

"Do you have someone you like right now? You know, teenagers? Hormones? Love?" He questioned, trying his best not to make me feel uncomfortable with his words. But despite his efforts, my face turned red.

"W-what are you t-t-talking a-about, sir?" I hid my face with a blanket, leaving only my eyes and upper part of my head.

He cleared his throat as he looked at the paper he's holding.