She was fun to be around with – sure, she was strict sometimes and would scold him and his siblings – mostly his siblings – if they did anything wrong, but after, she would make them understand their faults and not take it against them. She was their mother and their friend as well. And she was his protector. He couldn't imagine going through those years enduring the sleepless nights without her and his father. They would stay up all night if needed, until he would finally fall asleep. And like any observant mother, she always knew when one of her children had something bothering them.

The sound of the door opening caught their attention. Even without turning to see who it was, Theo already memorized the sound of his father's boots walking.

"Morning," Theodore greeted them.

"Good morning, dear," Carina turned to her husband and greeted him with a kiss on the lips.

"Morning, Dad," Theo said.

Theodore reached to his son and messed with his hair, Theo laughed and swatted his father's hand away but the damage was already done. Now he had to fix his hair again. Theodore went to the sink to wash his hands, after drying them, he snagged a sandwich – which was Carina's – and then ate. That received a slap at the shoulder from his wife.

"Get your own!" Carina told him.

"Seriously?! It's just one!"

"I made that for Theo and me!"

Theodore laughed.

"So romantic, you two, really, it's always hits me here," Theo sarcastically said as he patted himself on the chest.

"And you hang out with your Uncle Roman too much," Carina pinched his nose.

"No, because Uncle Roman is currently somewhere at South East Asia... it just turns out, I'm your son, and I got it from you."

"No, you're clearly more of your father," Carina teased.

"By the way, I thought Rom was going to cook breakfast?" Theodore asked.

"Yeah, well, he and Viktor decided to sleep in, so I decided to make Theo and me breakfast," Carina wrapped her arm around him.

"Yeah, Dad, why steal our breakfast?" Theo joined in.

Theodore rolled his eyes; he then went upstairs to wake up his other children. The older ones. The ones who were graduating by the end of the school-term and are expected to act like adults who are serious enough and ready enough to actually start their apprenticeships and jobs. The sound of Theodore knocking on the doors and Sirius and Viktor groaning in their beds made Carina and Theo snicker. And just before they could hear his father bang on Sofia's door, they heard her come downstairs ready for the day.

His older sister, Sofia Astoria Nott, went to greet him good morning with a fist-bump and their mother with a kiss on the cheek. She went to snag the last grilled cheese but Theo grabbed it and had a huge bite.

"Seriously?" Sofia said.

"Mum made it for me!" He replied, mouth full of bread and cheese. "You should've woken up hours ago if you wanted!"

"Let's just wait for your brother's big breakfast," Carina said.

"But Sirius is still drooling in his bed!"

"Well, after hearing your father banging on their door, they'll be out about... right now!"

Just on cue, Romulus and Viktor climbed down the stairs, both still sleepy and in their pajamas, and behind them was their father who now had a couple of letters in his hand. Hogwarts letters, Theo thought.