CHAPTER 41

'What to wear on your first date?' I type on google as soon as I reached home from school.

"Huh, it is not showing something good," I huff and open another website, "Aaj hi is net ko dhira chalna tha." (Today only, this net had to get slow)

"What happened Kiara?" my Mumma asks me, making me change my tab.

"Nothing Mumma. The pdf is not getting downloaded," I lie.

"Oh, switch the internet off and then switch on again, I always try that when WhatsApp video doesn't download," I nod and tried it, and surprisingly, the website loaded immediately.

I shake my head, 'Mumma and her genius ideas.'

"Thanks, Mumma, it's done," I say, smiling at her.

She smiles and asks, "At what time are you going to your friend's house?"

"At three."

She nods and says, "Ok, then, will you be back by six?"

I shake my head and lie, "No, Mumma, I will be with Adi and Jay afterwards."

She nods and says, "Ok, no problem. Don't stay out too late, ok?"

I nod, and she says, "Now come and eat lunch. And leave your phone alone. Bas akkha din us me lagi rehti ho, wo bhi bolta hoga ke kiske haath me aa gaya me." (Whole day, you are on your phone, he too have said that who has taken me.)

"Ok Mumma, I am coming," I reply and she goes downstairs while bashing me and my dear lovely phone.

I wipe the tear which had rolled down on my cheeks after she left.

I seriously don't want to lie to her and Dad. They trust me so much, and I am repaying them like this.

"Angel, come for lunch," I hear Dad's voice.

"Coming Dad, just one minute."

I wipe my face once again so that they both don't get tense and move to the dining room.

><><><><

"Hello," Rudra opens the door as I rang the bell.

"Hey," I wave and enter the house, "No one is here yet?"

"Nope. Avni and Misha are coming in 5 minutes," I nod at his answer and sit on the sofa. Rudra's house is behind my society's block, and that's why Jay and Adi are going to come here directly.

"What about your Mom?" I ask, looking around the house, which is just like mine in size.

"She is in her room getting ready to meet the neighbours," I nod at him and go back to look around as I started feeling awkward.

I feel his eyes on me for a while before he asks, "So, Jay and Adi are your best friends?"

I feel a smile involuntarily slip on my face hearing their names as I nod, "Yup."

He smiles and says, "They both seems nice."

"They are. Jay and Adi both are very amazing."

"I heard that you are expert in economics," he says, making me laugh.

"Nah, I also don't know how I am getting those marks," I reply.

"But you have to teach me someday," he says and looks at me again to ask another question when the doorbell rings.

He moves to open the door while I sit here, reading the newspaper's headlines on the centre table.

"Oh, that's why," I hear Adi's voice.