41

Chan was still unusually quiet, it was very out of character for him. Felix was going to do his best to keep him safe and make the flight as easy as possible.

He helped Chan load his belongings onto the trays and take off his jewellery.

"Lix...I don't wanna" Chan gripped Felix's arm tightly, eyeing the security detector (I forgot what the thing you walk through is called lol)

"You'll be fine" Felix patted his back soothingly "just walk through calmly and it will be over before you know it"

"What if it beeps"

"If it beeps you'll go to that man there and pat you down, then you'll come and join the group. Look innie's about to go through" felix pointed to jeongin who was walking through the scanner, no beep.

Hyunjin walked over sensing Chan's distress "Why don't we all go first so then you can come and give us a big hug when you get over"

"Ok" Chan nodded.

They watched as every one went through, Felix was starting to think it was a bad idea to make Chan wait so long.

"You go first channie" Felix kissed his cheeks then gently nudged him to the detector.

Chan reluctantly walked over, closing his eyes as he walked through the scanner. He hated airports, everything about them made him completly uneasy.

He made it through without a beep, grabbing his stuff and running into a hug with changbin. He could finally breath again.

Felix watched quite proudly of Chan managing to get through that on his own. Now it was his turn.

He walked up, went to the scanner and...

BEEP

Felix sighed, of course it would beep on him.

A man on the side beckond him over and he went. He didn't want to look at Chan's expression in that moment.

He held still as the man patted him down.

"I'm not sure why it beeped" he said patting Felix's legs "it may be your shoes"

Felix looked down inspecting his feet

"Want me to take them off and try again?" Felix asked

"Yeah" he nodded and Felix got to work removing his boots.

The same man lead him back to the scanner and instructed him to walk through it.

No beep

So it was his shoes.

Felix sighed, on the way back he should probably wear trainers when they come home.

Picking up his stuff he shoved on his boots and attached his jewlerry.

When he went back the group he noticed some people where missing.

"When you got beeped Chan freaked out" hyunjin said quietly "changbin took him to go and get a drink"

"Ah ok" Felix nodded "let's go meet him then"

...

They found Chan and changbin sat in a little coffee shop in the services. Chan was scrunched up into a little ball with chanbin kneeling next to him trying to talk to him.

"Is he crying?" Jeongin looked concerned

"Why don't you guys go somewhere else, let's not overwhelm him. Buy me some food will you?"

"Yeah sure" minho patted his shoulder "be back in a few, CHANGBINNIE GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE"

Changbin stood slowly, patting Chan's head before passing Felix with a gentle smile.

"I'll sort this binne bug" Felix gave him a short hug

"He's not in good shape, be gentle"

Felix nodded slowly walking to Chan and kneeling where changbin once was.

"Hello sweetheart" Felix put his hand over one of the hands on Chan's knees "not feeling great, huh?"

Chan shook his head quickly, scrunching up more.

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry, looks like i chose the wrong footware" Felix chuckled lightly squeezing Chan's hand

"I hate this, I forgot how much I was scared of flights" Chan whispered barely audible, lifting his head to look into Felix's eyes.

"Just think of how much it will pay off" Felix carefully wiped Chan's tears off his cheeks "when we get there think about all the snow"

Chan nodded, pressing his lips tightly together. His smile wobbly.

"Thats it" Felix cooed putting his other hand in Chan's hair and stroking him "you're so brave"

"I'm brave?"

"The bravest" Felix giggled "now let me up, I'm too old to be on my knees"

"You're never too old to be on your knees"

"BANG CHAN!"

awww they're soft.

I think over the course of this book I portrayed Chan to be this strong, fearless flirty kind of guy. But life isn't like that and everyone has fears.

I'm hoping this makes it much more real to read and the characters much more realistic.

So I was asked for the picture in my theme and I'm sorry this isn't the exact original, I'm trying but I can't find it 😭😭😭😭This is pretty much the same though :)

This is pretty much the same though :)

So I was asked for the picture in my theme and I'm sorry this isn't the exact original, I'm trying but I can't find it 😭😭😭😭This is pretty much the same though :)

Cookie monster is always watching 😳