nct - yuta nakamoto II

continued from previous chapter.

why are you still here? 

its cringe and idk what else. 

read at your own risk.

๑ ☄ ๑

There was a recent threat and we joined our packs and most of them were injured during the fight. Each one was taking their time to heal. I wanted peace, so I sat down on a bench outside the church reading pride and prejudice.

Meanwhile, I saw an old couple walking together closely and they sat on my adjacent bench. '40 years honey and you still argue about my ex c'mon ' the old man laughed. 'She is a bitch, I hate her' the woman pouted and later they burst off laughing. 

I looked in their direction and let a faint smile. 'Waiting for your husband?' the woman caught me smiling at her. 'Uhh.. ' I smiled not knowing what to answer. 'Newly-weds' the old man commented. 'Kind of' I replied brushing my ring with my thumb.

'Honey can you get me some ice cream' the old lady asked her husband sensing my reaction she understood I needed to talk to someone about it. And her husband left us alone for some time. 

๑ ☄ ๑

'I don't like an arranged marriage, I wanted to love someone and then marry and he shattered every piece of my dream' I opened up to her because it felt right. 

'Dear, Marriage is not confined to arranged or love. It is the journey of two people with understanding, setting no expectations and knowing each other needs. It is a life long promise to stay as one.' the lady explained and I started to think about what she was trying to tell me.

'Be it love or arranged, have you ever given him the chance to prove himself." the lady continued as I said nothing but nod.

'No' I replied nervously.

'You had a person loving you right in front and you just did not wish to see it.' the woman replied.

Suddenly the world around me changed. I started observing my husband's nature. He never expected anything from me even not a smile as he was aware that I never liked him. 

Maybe it was time I actually realized my mistake and stop giving him such hard time. It was already three months into the marriage. Maybe from that day I slowly observed everything he tried doing for me. 

Maybe I fell in love with him unknowingly seeing his constant efforts to make me happy. But I was foolish enough to accept that I started liking him.