Chapter Ten: Flowers.

I winced as Harper let out a high pitched squeal.

"Alexandria asked you out on a date?!" She exclaimed, and I shook my head.

"No, no." I corrected quickly, before Harper exploded with excitement. "She told me that if I wanted to know the answer to a question I had, I had to meet her in the forest. It is not a date, I simply want an answer."

Araya let out a laugh and smiled, "Darri, believe me, it's a date."

I shifted my satchel uncomfortably on my shoulder, biting my lip nervously. As we walked down the halls, I shook my again, my cheeks heating up.

"Regardless if it is a date or not, I am very inclined to not show up at all." I remarked, and furrowed my brows at the sound of a group of girls laughing behind us.

"Adaria!" Blaze called out, her voice dripping with malice.

I took a deep breath, and replied without stopping, "Yes?"

I cried out as I was suddenly slammed into the wall and locked gazes with Blaze, a smirk on her face as she growled, "Look at me when I'm talking to you, Adaria."

I squeezed my eyes shut, and then blinked a couple of times, my head still pounding from the impact of the wall, and groaned. Blaze chuckled, and drew a finger down the side of my face, the heat coming off of it making me wince.

"I heard you liked women, Adaria. Is this true?" She purred, and I narrowed my eyes at her. The crowd around us burst into hushed murmurs, and I grit my teeth.

Damn it, how did she find out? Maybe Agent Jones, or Harper and Araya? I did not tell them to keep quiet about it, did I? I thought, and let out a sigh.

"Answer me, Adaria!" Blaze shook me by my shoulders as she shouted this, and I brought my arms up, breaking free of her grip, and pushed her away with all the force I could muster. She stumbled back, and I grabbed her shoulders, hooked my leg around the inside of hers and pulled, causing her trip, and pushed her to the ground.

I sat atop of her, and said, my voice ice, "This conversation is over. Please, leave me alone."

But, as I went to stand up, Blaze reached up and wrapped her hands around my neck, and pulled me towards the ground so that she straddled me.

I clawed at her hands, and she laughed.

She raised her head and called out at the crowd, "This is the Shifter you were all afraid of? Look at her! She's just a weak, worthless bitch! Remember that the next time you -"

Her words were cut off by the giant blood-red ball of light that crushed into her. She was knocked off of me, and I quickly scrambled to my feet. I looked at Harper, red sparks flying from her outstretched hand, and she shouted, "Shut the fuck up, Blaze! No one wants to hear you high-pitched, mouse sounding ass voice!"

A smile broke across my face, and after grabbing my satchel, walked over to her, and whispered, "Thank you."

Harper smiled at me, and we both turned to look at Araya, who was hiding behind one of the tapestries hanging from the wall. She quickly came out from behind it, and motioned with her hand to follow her, and pointed back to Blaze, who was slowly getting up.

Harper and I began to jog towards Araya, but broke into a sprint when we heard Mrs. Kalli begin to shout behind us.

"I cannot... You screamed at Blaze!" I gasped with delight at Harper as we followed Araya into a tunnel behind a tapestry.

Once inside, we all collapsed onto the floor, gasping for air, although Araya did not run at all.

"We... still have... class." I reminded the girls, and Araya laughed breathlessly, while Harper looked at me like I proposed we all run around the school naked.