13. Kept away

Important note: I'm not a native english speaker (nor a professional writer), and though I feel kind of comfortable with it, my level is far from being bilingual. Even so, I wanted to write this story in english so it can be reached by more people (specially Furuba fans). Please let me know any typo or mistake that I can have done in the comments of each chapter so I can polish it as much as possible. Thanks in advance and please enjoy it!

* * *

- What do you mean? - exclaimed Kyo, pissed off - Why does Izumi-san have to leave because of Akito. Screw him!

- Akito still doesn't know that Hatori and Izumi-san faked everything. - explained Shigure - And once he discovers... She'd be better off gone.

Shigure had just told them about what happened that morning and came to the conclusion that Nao should come back with her mother for a while. He hadn't even consulted this with her, it was a decision Shigure made by himself. Although Nao knew perfectly he was not kicking her out of his house and that he was doing it just for her own sake... she couldn't avoid to feel a little pain on her chest. Just when things seemed to start working between the two of them, now she had to leave indefinitely...

The general mood turned gloomy, nobody felt pleased with the turn of events, but everybody understood that it was the safest decision at that moment. Tohru couldn't contain herself anymore and pounced on her sobbing, Nao hugged her back and silently started crying too. Yuki and Kyo remained silent, annoyed by the situation and feeling powerless. Shigure, on the other hand, stood up and headed upstairs.

- I'll take you to your mother's place tomorrow morning - he said hoarsely, before leaving the living room.

* * *

The four youngsters stayed a bit longer, trying to cheer up Nao and promising to visit her as soon as they could. Nao, though a bit desolate, was more decided than ever to find a way to end that damned curse. She had given up in getting her dearest cousin back into her life, but now she had other reasons to keep fighting. She was determined.

It became late and they all went to their rooms. Nao stayed a bit longer to clean the dishes, she felt it was the least she could do, and regretted not being able to do anything more meaningful to show her gratitude to all of them before her departure.

Once finished, she went upstairs, feeling a little downcast. But when she was about to reach her room, she crossed ways with Shigure that had just came out of taking a bath. His hair was still wet, and he was carrying a towel on his shoulders. Nao got a little altered and her heart started to pound. But she was glad of the coincidence, as she had already been thinking of some excuse to be able to talk to him alone one more time.

- Ah... Shigure-san... I have something to give you.

She rushed into the room and opened a drawer to take something. He, intrigued, stayed at the entrance of the room looking at her.

- Here - she offered him back the envelope with his novel inside - I'm sorry I delayed too much on giving it back to you, I finished it several days ago but just wanted to re-read some parts that I really liked.

She didn't dare to look up at him, but could feel his hands wrapping hers to take the envelope. Though he didn't let go of her hands and stayed like that for some instants. Nao then looked up at him, unable to bear that silence any longer.

- Just say something... - she begged him, starting to get nervous.

- I don't want to let you go. - he confessed