3 - still

AHN EUN JI'S POV
What is he even doing? Is he trying to hug me right now?

Suddenly, my eyes started to get teary so I quickly moved away from him and gently pushed him away, removing the hug.

"I... I need to go now. Goodbye." I told him with such an awkward tone and just ran into the apartment.

Out of everyone I can meet today, why him? And out of every apartments near my brother's place, why at the same apartment as that guy?

Today's a pretty bad day, and I don't like it.

———

THIRD PERSON VIEW
Eun Ji walks inside her apartment and closed the door shut. As she goes inside her bedroom, she flopped on the bed and started tearing up.

"Ah why am I crying? I'm such a fool... I already cried about it, why cry again?" She spoke to herself.

But no matter how much tears she wipes, more tears come out and this is because of her aching heart.

Unexpectedly, she kept crying and crying the whole night and ended up not sleeping.

The next day, she called herself a fool for crying the whole night and just decided to stay inside so the chance of seeing him again gets lower.

———

Two days later, luckily, she hasn't seen Jae Suk which is a good thing for her.

Her brother Jung Woo called asking her to have lunch with him. Since it's Jung Woo's treat, she said yes and starts getting ready.

While she was doing her makeup, the doorbell rang. As she looks at the camera thing on the door (a/n: u know those cameras where u can see who's in front, idk what it's called, let me know if u guys know), She sees a staff from the apartment holding something she couldn't tell what.

Eun Ji goes in front and opens the door, "Oh annyeonghaseyo. Is this... Ahn Eun Ji?" The staff read a paper.

"Ah yes. Is anything wrong?"

"Ah there's nothing wrong. Someone wanted you to have this." The staff said and gave her a lunchbox.

She was very confused but just thanked him and placed the lunchbox on the living room table. "Who would give this to me?" She asked and saw a note on top of the lunchbox.

I hope you're eating well :) - js

She knew it right away that it's Jae Suk because of the handwriting and the very kind words.

She immediately refused and just left it on the table, she didn't even checked what's inside.

Before she left, she looks back at the lunchbox and took a while but went back for it and grabbed it and went straight outside.

Eun Ji walks to the receptionist on the lobby and told her, "Ah hello."

"Ah nae, annyeonghaseyo. How can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Here. I know you're working hard. You should have this." Eun Ji smiled and gave the woman the lunchbox.

"Oh really? Thank you, Ahn Eun Ji ssi!" The receptionist happily thanked her. Eun Ji moves closer to the lady and told her, "When you're done, just give the lunchbox to one of your staff that is in charge of my floor and tell him to bring it back to the real owner, got that?"

"Ah yes, I understand. Thank you again, Miss." The woman thanked her and just walked away, leaving the lunchbox to the receptionist and heads straight outside.

But what Eun Ji didn't know is the person who gave the lunchbox to her saw everything she did as he just stands right behind her.

Jae Suk felt super rejected and disappointed.

But he didn't gave up.

He even walked up the receptionist and said, "The lunchbox is mine, okay?"

Three days had passed, no matter how many times Jae Suk tried to give Eun Ji food, the rejection kept coming. Eun Ji looked like she was feeding every staff in the apartment.

Until Jae Suk tried something new.

———

AHN EUN JI'S POV
I woke up at around 7 because of my doorbell ringing. Who could be here early in the morning?

I quickly put on some glasses and fixed my hair and head straight to the door, without checking the camera outside.

I opened the door and Yoo Jae Suk was there smiling at me. "O-Oh hello." I greeted formally.

I was slightly annoyed because he was smiling and replied, "Good morning, Eun Ji ssi." He paused. "I bought breakfast for us. Would you mind if I eat breakfast with you?" He asked out of nowhere and showed two plastic bags on his hands.

I mean, it would be incredibly rude if I said no. It will also be very uncomfortable if I just allowed him to go in my apartment, right?

"W-We can do that at the playground outside. There are tables there right?" I asked him.

"Ah yes... I-I'll wait for you there." He said and bowed before walking to the elevator.

Oh gosh. Why did I agree to do that???? ARGHHHHHHHHH

Great. Just great.

I quickly washed my face and went outside and saw him waiting at a picnic table beside the playground where kids can play.

He gave me the small lunchbox that he prepared and even gave me banana milk fresh from a convenience store.

"A-Ah thank you..." I awkwardly thanked.

I checked the lunchbox and it was homemade Gimbap and some fried eggs with a small section of rice.

I tried the food and--

WOW.

I-I mean... The food is a little bit good. The taste is... Just like a normal Gimbap. Weird.

———

We continued to eat but the chatting are indeed awkward since we haven't ate together for a while.

Until I decided to talk right after we finished eating. "Can I... Ask you something?"

"Oh yeah yeah, sure. W-What is it?"

"Why are you doing this?" I asked straight to the point.

"W-What do you mean?"

"This. This whole making-eun-ji-food-even-if-she-gives-it-to-the-staff thing. You're wasting your time for this so why are you doing this?" I asked him straight in the eyes.

"I... I..." He seemed speechless.

But his answer caught me off guard.

"I still... Like you."