I'm sorry.

"Enzo... do you think we'll be okay?"

Her question is spoken with such softness that I have to think for a moment to make sure I didn't make up what I had heard.

I sure do love to gaslight myself.

Was she hesitant about our relationship?

About my love for her?

"Certo che lo siamo, tu sei l'amore della mia vita," I cradle her face in the cusp of my hands, brushing away the droplets of water that were traveling down her cheeks,"What is causing you to ask this?"

Of course we are, you're the love of my life.

She places her hand atop of mine and I feel a surge of warmth travel throughout my body. "I'm- I'm just scared, Shortcake. I have something so good— I have you. I don't want to lose that. I like- no, love what we have. You make me a happy girl and you make me feel like I can accept myself for who I am because you accept me for who I am."

God.

Dio.

"Listen to me good, you understand?" My tone of voice is authoritative, making sure that Catalina knows I'm not playing around.

"I understand."

Such a good girl.

"For as long as I breathe, Catalina, you will have me. You will own me. Even if there is a point in time where we aren't okay, that's okay. We can't always be okay and thats something we have to accept. We're human, it's inevitable that me and you will go through hardships. And not just as a couple, but as individuals too."

☁️

The both of us were laying in bed. Catalina had her chest on my head and I had my arms wrapped snug around her petite frame. I knew she wasn't sleeping, I could feel the way the screws in her head were turning.

She was thinking so hard, she loves to overthink. I wish I could ease her mind and provide her with serenity.

"Baby, are you okay?" I take the strands of her hair into my hand and begin massaging at the base of her scalp.

She loves it when I do this.

"Hm?" Catalina snuggles deeper in my chest and I fight the urge to find superglue so I could glue us together. She's so damn cute, I fucking hate it. "I'm okay, I just... I'm really happy and I don't know what to do."

"You don't have to do anything, being present in the moment is enough, no?"

She grabs ahold of my free hand and places a gentle kiss on it.

I need a fucking ring on this girl.

"I can tell you anything, right?"

My heart rate picks up at this question. What if she breaks off what we have?

"Domanda stupida, of course you can silly girl."