16. Ask for anything

Start from the beginning

He sat up happily and released a huge sigh before looking straight into Jeongguk's eyes. "Surprise" he said. "Wh-What's happening?" Seokjin and Namjoon stuttered at the same time, grimacing immediately for saying the same thing together. 

Jeongguk just stayed rooted to the ground, wondering what on earth was happening. 

"Come here, Taehyung" Hoseok said. Taehyung looked at Jimin, who gave him an encouraging nod before walking forward to stand beside Yoongi. "Come on, it's alright" Hoseok said, beckoning Taehyung forward. 

Taehyung hesitantly walked up to him without making eye contact with anyone other than Hoseok. Once he reached Hoseok, Hoseok got off his bed and wrapped an arm around Taehyung. 

"This god over here saved my life" he said and peeled the bloody cloth off his chest to show them what he meant by 'saving his life'. 

Jeongguk, Seokjin and Namjoon gasped loudly. The only marks on his chest came from the blood on the bloody cloth that was on his chest until then. 

"Incredible, right?" Yoongi asked, grinning proudly and walking towards Taehyung to pat his shoulder. "Y-Yoongi-ssi..." Taehyung said, feeling awkward and embarrassed by the sudden spotlight. 

"Didn't I ask you two to call me hyung?" Yoongi asked. "Umm...no?" Taehyung said, looking bewildered. "Then call me hyung" Yoongi said. "Okay, hyung" Jimin said from behind him, grinning widely and feeling happy for earning the trust of another person who was close to the King. 

"Wait....what happened, exactly?" Jeongguk asked. 

"He was dying. He was seriously dying because he had lost too much blood to stay alive anymore, but I couldn't let anyone in because of the privacy that he needed. 

But I really needed help too, so I called Taehyung and Jimin instead, because they are in no way related to the Kingdom politics and because Taehyung is a Healer. 

Taehyung saw the actual wound, teared up, and was about to wipe the tears away, but I reminded him that he could use his tears on Hobi. And lo! Hobi was totally woundless within an hour" Yoongi said proudly. 

"Ohh. That's wonderful!! Thank you so much!! I don't know how to repay you for saving my hyung. Oh my god, thank you so much" Jeongguk said and bowed to Taehyung, who bowed back to him.

Out of joy, Seokjin and Namjoon turned around and hugged each other for a second, making Hoseok, Jeongguk and Yoongi gape at them. They immediately realized what they were doing and let each other go like they touched hot iron before glaring at the three of them, as if they were daring them to make a comment. 

Jeongguk, Hoseok and Yoongi rolled their eyes at that before turning to their center of attention. 

 "Ask me whatever you want and I'll give it to you" Jeongguk said. 

'Shut up, shut up, shut up, don't say it, don't say it, shut the fuck up, don't sa-' "How about letting us be your friends?" Taehyung blurted out, making Jimin gasp.

"Shut the fuck up, Tae!!" he whisper-exclaimed, but everyone heard it nonetheless. 

"Y-Your Majesty, I am sorry, looks like he lost his mind. We don't need anything" Jimin said, glaring at Taehyung openly for speaking nonsense to the King. 

"It's alright, Jimin-ssi. That's the least I can do for someone who saved my hyung. Seokjin hyung, I want you to let all the officials know that Taehyung-ssi will be assisting Yoongi hyung from now on and that Jimin-ssi will be assisting you. 

Order the guards to build a mansion for them in the space behind my mansion. It's not like they have anywhere to go, anyway. Make sure they are treated well until the construction is completed. 

You have earned complete trust from me, Taehyung-ssi and Jimin-ssi. I hope you don't let us down for trusting you" Jeongguk said, emitting such majestic vibes that it wasn't hard for Jimin and Taehyung to realize why such a young-looking guy could ascend a throne at such a young age and still thrive well. 

Seokjin gave him a nod and gave his new assistant a small smile. Jimin, who had been staring at Seokjin since the second Jeongguk had announced that he was going to be his assistant, grinned back at him. 

Taking another bold step, Taehyung cleared his throat and looked straight into Jeongguk's eyes. "You can drop the honorifics too, Your Majesty. You can call us by our names, if you want" he said. 

"You are twenty four, right?" Jeongguk asked, immediately dropping his majestic attitude. "Yeah" Taehyung and Jimin answered at the same time. 

"I should call you hyung, then" Jeongguk said, grinning widely at them. 

'This is what he is like when he trusts people completely and isn't yelling at them' Taehyung and Jimin thought, staring wide-eyed at that cute bunny grin that Jungkook sported on his lips. 

"Sure. Call us whatever you want, Jeonggukie" Taehyung said, grinning back at him and making butterflies erupt in Jeongguk's stomach for the first time in his life. 

"Okay, now. Go and freshen up. You guys seriously stink" Hoseok said, making everyone chuckle, "and let me go back to pretending like I am dying."

"I am freshening up in your mansion and having dinner in your room, hyung. Feel free to walk out if you don't like my presence" Jeongguk said. 

"Brat" Hoseok snorted, "do whatever you want." 

"I will meet Chaeyoungie and freshen up and be right back" Namjoon said. "Yeah, I will go and meet Mina too. It's been a while since I greeted her properly" Yoongi said. 

"I meet Nayeonie every single day, so I don't have to meet her now. You guys go and do your work and come back. Taehyung, Jimin and I will keep Hobi some company" Seokjin said. 

"Alright" Jeongguk and Yoongi said and left the room along with Namjoon, who didn't bother to reply to his brother, who never addressed him in the first place.