With The Gingers

-Pic is drawn inspired by an old photo of me and my big brother when we were like 5 and 1-

-AAAA I don't know Flash rogues! I'm sorry!-

"They're so adorable!" Iris squealed, Wally had been paired up with M'gann and boy were the two of them ADORABLE! They were precious!

"I know." Barry replied, the two kids were watching Paw Patrol and playing pretend-paw patrol on the carpet. He entered the living room, watching the little children rolling around on the rug, barking. "Do you guys want a snack?"

"Yeah!" Wally shouted.

"Yes please!" M'gann grinned up at the speedster.

"Alright, we'll get you a snack." Barry agreed. "Do you guys want to make your own paw patrol fort?"

The kids cheered with excitement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry had never seen more than about half an episode of Paw Patrol, it wasn't airing when Wally was little. But now that Wally was in its age demographic, he'd watched about eight episodes straight.

The speedster was lying on his back on the carpet, under the best pillow-fort Wally and M'gann had ever made. He and the kids were staring at the tv or playing and snacking on crackers, celery, and those disgustingly delicious sugar cookies from the grocery store.

The TV turned off.

"HEY! Both the speedsters and the Martian chorused. 

Iris was grinning at the three, crouched by the door of their fortress-of-friendship with the remote. "Lauren's going into labor, I need to cover for her."

"Isn't she on at eight?" Barry asked.

"Seven-thirty, but they wanna run things with me a few times first." Iris told her husband.

"You're going?" Wally asked.

She crawled into their fort a little, already changed into professional wear, and gave her little nephew a hug. "I won't be back until after bedtime, but Uncle Barry will heat up dinner and tuck you in. I'll see you in the morning." She kissed his head through the scruffy red hair. "Mwah! I love you."

"I love you." He replied. 

Iris tapped the tip of the young Martian's nose. "If you need help, Barry can call your uncle, okay? Have a good night."

Barry kissed his wife goodbye, and was left alone for child-care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry checked things off his mental checklist: Dinner? Check. letting them burn off energy in the back yard? Check. Helping the kids brush their teeth? Check. 

He was worried he'd forgotten something, but couldn't think what. He'd gotten Wally changed into a pullup, one of his teen-sized flash shirts (all his toddler shirts were in the wash) tucked into pyjama shorts.  M'gann had shifted herself into pink overalls and a soft yellow sweater.

Barry wrangled the kiddies into bed and tucked Wally's duvet up to their chins; they were small, so they could both sleep comfortably on his nephew's bed. 

"Story!" Wally ordered. slapping his fists on the mattress. "Bedtime Story!"

"Uh, okay...." Barry couldn't think of something good off the top of his head and teenage Wally's bookshelf wasn't exactly flush with story books. "Do you want a story M'gann."