With the Angels...

-Dedicated to those fanartists who know that Kaldur's hair is textured/curly, not straight-

Kaldur felt a bit left out. Batman was Cuddling and playing with Robin, and the other person there, an older man named Alfred, kept holding the baby and admiring him. Kaldur just sat there, a little uncomfortable. 

I mean, he was five, he still needed attention and entertainment. 
He didn't want to feel jealous of his baby teammate, after all, Robin needed constant attention for safety and it was his house. But Kaldur did kind of want some affection. 

He never got affection. Everyone was so focussed on Robin and Wally's antics, or Artemis and Conner's tempers, or M'gann living in a fantasy world... Kaldur was just there to be the responsible one who took care of everyone and set an example. 

He wanted attention too. Sure, he wasn't as troublesome, or loud, or mischievous, or exaggeratedly adorable or in need of protecting, or constantly injured... 

Kaldur decided to go see if Robin was okay. 
Yep, even as a five year old he was a bit protective of his friends. I mean, Batman was being nice now, but he'd seen how upset Robin was when Batman hurt him and made him cry.

"Daddy!" The infant squealed. Squirming to be set down. He called out a word that couldn't be written out, even frenetically, but sounded vaguely like Kaldur's name.

"Can I play with Robin?" Kaldur asked politely, eager to hold his friend again. "Please?"

The big bad bat set down Robin, suspiciously. He'd known Aqualad since he was fourteen, and he'd always been relatively polite and responsible (I mean, as much as a kid that age could be).

"You can play for five minutes." Bruce warned, eyes glued to his son. He wasn't letting Dick out of his sight, even with the responsible Aqualad. Kaldur'ahm clearly wanted to keep Dick safe as well, but he's practically a baby himself. How could he keep Dick safe when he couldn't even reach the bathroom sink?

"Let's play, Robin."

"Yea!" Dick bounced. The more excited he got, the more confident he was speaking. "P'ay!"

"What do we play?" Kaldur walked him to the comfy rug in the living room, batman following at a distance.

Bruce got a text and pulled out his phone, hesitant to look away from the babies (He counted Kaldur as a baby, deal with it).

Glasses: Hey Bruce, Ma and Pa can't take them tomorrow. Sorry. Maybe Hal  knows someone.

Bruce called him immediately. Clark didn't pick up. It might be because he was at work, but Bruce thought he was just a coward. He tried to find Alfred without leaving the kids.

"Alfred, where did we save our secondary numbers for the league?"

"Who do you wish to contact, Master Bruce?"

"We- uhh," Bruce leaned back into the hall to ensure the babies are staying put. "...we... we need to contact Ms. Lois Lane."

"Yes, sir."

"But first," Bruce stopped in his train of thought, neither Batman nor Bruce Wayne could hover over two kids all day. "Get Barbara on the phone."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you want me to pay your college tuition?" He asked seriously.

"No it was- I mean, I don't know. Ask me in a couple years."