Chapter Thirty-Seven

~Kaylee

"This is...amazing." I said breathless as I took in the view around me, my mouth slightly open in awe.

It was really just an open field with pretty flowers on a hillside but the way Christian decorated it for our date was breathtaking. In the middle of the field, there was a little blanket laid out with a basket and his guitar next to it. Little fairy lights littered around the floor with a little red heart shaped candle in the middle of the blanket, two wine glasses and a bottle of champagne next to it. What really set the mood the most was the clear view of the sky, the sun was going down painting the sky with the most beautiful colors.

"You like it?" he asked sneaking up from behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

I smiled as I turned around so I was facing him. "Like, I love it. You're too cheesy for your own good."

"I try my best." He grinned at me.

It's been one month we got back together and it's been the best one month of my life. I was truly happy. I was sick most of the times, some days I could hardly get out of my bed or even breath on my own, but ever since he found out, he's been by my side all through.

He held my hair up when I felt nauseous, he would hold me when I was in pain and he would brighten up my day even when I felt like shit. I was so lucky, times without number I couldn't help but think of how I didn't deserve him. Regardless, I had him and I wasn't letting go anytime soon. At least for as long as I could hold on.

"Let's sit." He said softly taking my hand and leading me to the blanket where we sat opposite each other but still close enough to touch.

"I actually didn't think the sunset would be this pretty today." He said opening up the basket. "I guess only the best for you. I didn't really know what to bring, I haven't really done this before."

Taking out some wraps of chicken sandwiches, some fruits and a box of chocolate, he set the basket aside.

"This is perfect, I mean only the chocolate alone would have even been enough." I laughed opening the chocolate box before plopping some into my mouth.

"I made these myself, I'm not a chef so don't judge me." He joked unwrapping the sandwiches and giving me one.

"You can't be worse than me." I laughed taking a bite from the sandwich and immediately moaning slightly from the heavenly taste. "Are you kidding me? These are amazing!"

"I watched a YouTube tutorial." He shrugged. "I'm just glad I got something right for once."

The next few minutes, we lapsed into a comfortable silence munching on everything he brought while we stared at the view of the sun that was now almost gone, the moon slowly creeping in.

"I haven't made a song since the last one I made when my sister passed away." Christian said breaking the silence as he picked his guitar up. "I don't really like playing much, but I did it."

"Did what?" I cocked my head to the side slightly in question.

"Made a new one. For you this time." He smiled as he gently stroke his finger across the chords producing little notes.

My heart warmed slightly as I smiled at him. "I really didn't expect that."

"It's not much, just a little something." He said, his hands now striking the chords more decisively and firmer, a little tune catchy playing.

Soon after, his voice accompanied the tune from his guitar, soft and calm as ever.

"Never knew I was missing a piece till I met you.

Now I found you,

And I don't want to let go." He finished softly, striking the last key as it became peacefully silent.

It really was a beautiful song and I was stuck in awe at the fact that he made it especially for me, just me.

"I loved it." I said sincerely reaching out to hold his hands.

He smiled as he raised my hand that was in his and kissed it

"I'm glad you did."

Letting go off my hand gently, he popped the champagne open and poured it into the two glass cup.

"Let me raise a toast, to the girl I love most in the whole world." He beamed raising his glass up.

I laughed slightly realizing he was stealing the line from Alphapha in little rascals, one of the movies we watched that day.

"Please don't say my name, please don't say my name." I played along hiding my face.

"Kaylee." He clinked his glass with me. "Cheers."

"Cheers." I replied taking a sip of my drink.

The sun had long gone and the moon was now fully out, the stars twinkling in the sky.

"That looks like a T-Rex." Christian consistently arguing his point as he pointed at the little cluster of stars in the sky.

We both laid down gazing up at the sky trying to make shapes out of the stars, no matter how I turned or squinted my eyes, I couldn't make out the T-Rex Christian swore was there.

"I really can't see it." I said giving up as I turned my gaze back to him.

"You're not looking hard enough." He said facing me.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I let out a small yawn, a sudden tiredness falling on me.

"It's getting pretty late I guess, we should head home." Kristen said.

"Today was amazing, thank you." I sat up, my gaze still fixed on him.

"Anything for you Gatita."

"You never told me the meaning of Gatita you know." I realized.

"Ok, don't kill me ok." He raised his hands in the air guiltily. "It means Kitten."

I rose my eyebrow at him. "Kitten? Why?"

"When we first met, you were so feisty and yet...so shor-" I glared at him. "So...down to earth?"

I burst out laughing at the last part. "Down to earth? Nice escape."

"Well you get what I mean." He smiled sheepishly. "It sounded way better in Spanish anyway, so hence the name Gatita. And I knew if you knew what it meant, you would kill me."

"And what's stopping me now?" I teased him.

"You love me?" he said sounding more like a question.

"I don't have a nickname for you though." I said putting my hand on my chin in thought.

"I mean we could work with my love, babe, love of my life..." Christian rambled as I ignored him.

"I got it." I snapped my hand. "You called me Gatita even when I hated it so how about I give you something you didn't like."

"Like?"

"You know when I called you a golden boy and you didn't like it?" I asked lying next to him, this time a little bit closer. "How about I call you that? My golden boy."

"Sounds perfect." He said a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, perfect." I smiled back and pulled him in for a kiss.
.

Three more chapters till epilogue guys!
At this point updates are random😂
Been long I did an author's note😭
Thanks for the support on my book, your votes and comments literally make my day😩❤
Feedbacks are appreciated,  I am going to re edit and I would love to know if there's any errors, plot holes, you know, anything I can edit. Thanks!