Chapter 7

I know I said that this one would be a long one, but it's not : P 

This chapter isn't vital to the story line, so if you don't want to read from Jade's perspective, you can just  skip it. 

This chapter is just what happened in Chapter 6 from Jades view. 

There is an Annabeth chapter coming next, so YAY!

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HOO, all credits for that go to Rick! Enjoy : ) 

Jade (a few minutes earlier)

"Percy!" I said. He blinked a few times before realising that I was still talking. He looked at me sheepishly.

"So, do you?" I said. He looked at me, muddled. I rolled my eyes, "Do you want to come to my house," I said exasperated.

"Um... sure?" He said it more like a question, "I have to run up and ask my mum first, though," I nodded. We rounded the corner to Percy's apartment.

"Wait here," he said. I nodded again and he sprinted off, into his building. Curiosity got the better of me. His door hadn't yet closed so I caught it and followed him up the stairs. As it turned out, Percy lived on the top floor. It was very tiring, but I better get used to it because I'd probably be coming here a lot once we were dating. Percy stopped at a blue door and I waited before going up and standing outside.

"Who asked you?" I heard a woman say. Was that his mum? Probably.

"Jade Lemmet," replied Percy. My heart did somersaults when he said my name. There was a short pause, "What?" he asked. The woman that I assumed to be Percy's mum, didn't answer right away,

"Have you spoken to Annabeth lately?" she finally asked. Who's Annabeth?

"I was gonna iris message her tonight. Well, three hours actually because of the time difference," he said. Iris message? Must be an inside joke, like our 'drool while you sleep' thing.

"What?" Percy asked again,

"Nothing," replied Percy's mum. Girl code - it wasn't nothing.

"Jade is just a friend, mum." Percy said. At those words, something broke inside of me. Just a friend? I gasped. I knew I had been heard. I turned and began sprinting down the stairs. I heard footsteps coming behind me. Were they Percy's? I carried on running until I reached the door.

"Stop!" Percy yelled and I did. I could hear him edging closer to me. I turned around. Percy snached his hand away from his pocket,

"Jade, what are you doing?" he asked suspiciously. I didn't answer so he spoke instead, "My mum said that I could come over," I started backing up towards the door.

"Actually, Percy, I don't think you should," I said with a small voice

"Jade-" He began, but I cut me off,

"It's not you Percy, it's me. Your friend," And I ran from the door.

I kept running until I ran into someone.

"Oh sh*t, I'm so sorry," I said. I knelt down when I realised that I had knocked all of their folders out of their hands and I bent down to pick them up.

"Thanks," they said. I knew I recognised that voice... but where from? I looked up to Annabeth, the girl I was meant to be a tour guide for.

"Oh, hi," I said awkwardly. We didn't exactly leave things the best way, after I accused her of not being Percy's girlfriend.

"Hey," she said. Then, I realised that she had a suitcase with her.

"Are you moving?" I asked her. She looked at her suitcase and realised what I meant,

"No, I'm moving in with someone," she laughed, "I stayed at a hotel last night,"

"Who are you moving in with? Do you have family here?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah, kind of. I'm moving in with Percy," I stared at her dumbfounded. I refused to believe it. But then again... Percy had mentioned something about Annabeth back at his apartment, and plus how would Annabeth know who he was? She was new. I felt defeated.

"Oh," she said quietly. Annabeth smiled and carried on walking down the road. I watched her as she walked and saw that on the back of her jersey to read in large letters: Jackson.