23: Inside his Mind

Start from the beginning

"You ok bro? Because it looks like you lost some- wait where's Midoriya?" he asked, now doing the same thing as Katsuki. The group panicked a bit, now standing in front of the table still looking around.

"Guys! Thi-"

"AHHH!" they all yelled spooked from the sudden voice. They all turned around to see Izuku sitting down at the table looking at the group with a quivering brow.

"What?" He asked.

"You ran off, that's what!" Katsuki said while taking a seat right in front of him with Kirishima beside him. Then Mina and Denki sat beside Izuku, with Denki being the closest to him.

"Sorry! I was just looking at all the cool heroes that are in this place! I'm not a lost puppy you know" he pouted while crossing his arms. "Wait speaking of... where's Missy?" he asked, a bit worried.

Denki, kirishima, and Mina were having a conversation of their own while Izuku and katsuki did the same.

"Oh the front desk said he could hold her for me. She's in their office" Katsuki simply answered.

Everyone was happily chatting and eating after the waiter brought their ordered food. Izuku was the first to finish since he bought the cheapest thing, so he took this opportunity to stare at the blonde in front of him.

Katsuki was quietly munching on his food slightly slouched to reach the plate making comments here and there when others were talking to him. His hair was all just one jumble of ash blonde spikes, no. There were some darker beige colors and each spike went in a certain direction shaping his head perfectly. The hand that ran through it, was big and had small scars on the palm. His fingers were rough looking, seeing that the skin looked a bit cracked and dry. Katsuki's profile was quite the sight too. His jaw was sharp and a bit rounded at the end where his ear met. His lips looked soft to the touch even when he talked causing them to stretch a bit. The nose was slim and a bit pointed at the end going all the way up between two beautiful eyes. Just simply looking at those eyes where parts of his hair covered them a bit, brought a sense to Izuku but couldn't quite pinpoint on what the feeling was.

Katsuki noticed his staring and smirked a little while still looking to the side. He shook his head and started snickering, now staring at Izuku.

"Would you like to say something oooor are just gonna sit there and stare?" he said with a smug grin on his face.

Izuku's face flushed red and looked down at his lap. His phone started vibrating while playing Izuku's favorite song. He reached in his pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"Sorry I gotta take this, it's my mom," he said while looking at the group who was staring at him. He turned his body away, facing the window and picked up the call. Katsuki just watched and listened to Izuku's side of the conversation.

"Hey mom! Im- woah slow down mom... yes i'm fine everything is ok. I'm out of the hospital eating with some very nice people... Nothing is wrong just the usual headaches...no-... no you don't have to do that.... Uh fine but you'll have to find somewhere else since mine is only a one bedroom... uhu... yup.... I don't know if they want to but I'll ask them when I hang up... love you mom byeeee" with that Izuku hung up and exhaled loudly. Everyone at the table listened in the conversation. Kirishima was the one to speak first while the waiter took all the empty plates.

"What was that all about?" he asked, a little curious, making Izuku sigh.

"My mom found out about me being in the hospital"

Denki of course pushed the matter being the nosey self he was "Is she coming here? You said to find a different place so I assume she doesn't live here in japan?"

"No, she lives in the United States and she wants to come here. Apparently she already booked a ticket last night after she got the call so she's actually on her way here and she arrives tomorrow morning. ALSO... she wants to meet you guys. I didn't tell her who you are but she still wants to meet you. It's how our relationship works. You don't have to come-"

"Nope we're coming! Besides, your our friend now Midoriya! Whoever is friends with Kat, they are friends with us" Mina exclaimed, leaning on the table to look at the group.

Everyone nodded except Katsuki, he simply grumbled at Minas last sentence.

"Yeah man! We don't mind. Besides I think she'll go crazy finding out your friends with people like us! And i'd love to meet your mom" Denki exclaimed looking at Izuku who was smiling. Izuku turned towards Katsuki who hadn't said anything. It looked like he was thinking.

"Are you coming to Katsuki?" Izuku asked, a little hopeful.

"Yup... not missing this chance" he whispered the last part to himself. No one heard him besides Kirishima who had a worried expression on his face. His friend was acting strange. He knew that Izuku was the 'lost boy' who katsuki spoke about in highschool but he didn't know how he was holding up. The last time he saw him, he was crying and breaking down saying how the boy has forgotten about him. How could I be so calm in a situation like this!

"Great! Well I gotta go... I got some... files to go through at home."

Everyone stood up from their seats and exchanged numbers. Katsuki, as said, paid for Izuku's food and asked for his dog back since she was still waiting in the office. Everyone walked out the doors, said their goodbyes, and went their separate ways. As soon as the hero squad was out of sight, Izuku dropped his smile and hand and started running to his apartment at full speed.