-one

"I really don't understand what alliance you are talking about when there's clearly none?" gritting his teeth, the man in the dark overcoat walked down the pavement, a black dust mask covering half of his features and red rimmed eyes hidden behind a flimsy pair of glasses. 

"We need you to hide the evidence and close the case right fucking now." the voice on the other side of the line cranked up.

"What case?" 

"The Alley Murders. Sixteen people murdered in the backstreets. And if you still need a lead, it was us-"

"No no, you listen to me. Your fucked up organisation has no right to attack people in our territory without any prior notice. You broke two of our rules, mind ya. Trespassing and non-informed attacking on civilians." 

As the voice on the phone laughed mirthlessly, the man wanted nothing more than to hurl the device on the tiled pavement. 

"Excuse me. What were you talking about again? Rules?" a chuckle followed, " The last time we checked, there are more than thirty rules broken by your fucked up organisation —" 

"It was forty-five years ago, shithead." 

A silence followed and the man thought that maybe the awful call had come to an end. The summer sun was high on top of the sky, making his head almost roast under the heat. 

"Listen to me, Taehyung. I am in no mood to argue with you at the moment."

You think I do? 

"So please. Stop whatever bullshit you are doing ." 

"This ain't bullshit, mister —" 

Taehyung glowered at the phone screen, signaling the end of the call. The dark haired male huffed, fisting his silky hair in utter frustration, wanting nothing more than to tear them apart, despite the weird looks from the office-going passerbys. 

Taehyung really couldn't blame them. It was his fault in the first place, looking completely out of place with his overcoat on a Thursday summer morning, seeming more and more like a crazy drug dealer. 

Biting back his rage, the male walked aimlessly, eyes trained on the ground, the hustle and bustle of Kaesong dissolving behind his endless thoughts. secretly glad of the fact that no one really deciphered who he was. 

« »

Azure Nation had her base at the underground network of highly classified tunnels. Earning their quite literal nickname, "The Kings of the Underworld." 

Taehyung was seething by the time he had left the meeting room, pissed mainly at Namjoon and his all-too-good persona. 

"We close the case, Taehyung. They're correct, anyways. We have no right to interfere in their matters, hmm." 

"What crawled up your ass and died?" 

"Please get out of my line of vision." Taehyung grumbled, as he snatched the cup of coffee from the female in front of him. 

"Oh? Is that a request, Taehyungie?" the woman cooed, ruffling up his hair. 

Taehyung slapped her hands away.

"Fuck off, Jennie." 

"Now now. That's not the way to greet your sister." Jennie said, amusement glinting in her dark eyes, a hand resting on her hip. 

The duo had been together since they were born. Heck, they even shared the same womb in the first place. Being twins, however, wasn't anything unusual. But both being Gifted was. 

In Kaesong, 40% of the population were born with some unique power of their or the other. No two powers were similar and most of those who are Gifted, die at birth, not being able to take up the strain of their immense and unnatural powers. Ever since a failed science experiment, hundreds of years ago, the city ended up this way. 

Being Gifted had its own pros and cons. According to Taehyung, there wasn't any pros in having these abnormal powers, people end up being bullied and tossed away anyways. 

The cons were multiple. Frequent external attacks from countries he couldn't even spell decently, greedy for these powers (he still doesn't understand why) and what not. 

Due to these reasons, the mafias were formed, comprising of the Gifted, to protect the city which was the only common ground they all stood on.

"Namjoon asked you to shut down the case right?" 

Taehyung jumped, spilling the hot, brown liquid on the marble floor, heart thumping against his chest. 

"What the hell, Jennie?" he shrieked, as he watched his other half laugh away, jokingly enacting the scene. 

His sister's ability, Whistle, gave her telepathic powers. To speak inside the mind of any person she has seen the face of. 

And sometimes (like this very moment) she uses it for her own fair share of fun and mischief. 

Muttering a yes, Taehyung walked away, still glaring at her, the throbbing of his head increasing tenfold. 

==

one of my followers said that they wanted me to update Stray Dogs, so here i am. 

the sentences written in italic and bold are going to be the ones which Jennie speaks inside the person's head. If you have any more queries, feel free to ask me. 

do vote and comment (this shit asf chapter lol) 

lots of love.

cassandra.