"What? Are you sure? My assistant-" I stop talking right there.

Jodie was the one who usually books my hotels and I must've completely forgotten.

"I'm sorry," I apologise and hang up the call.

I decide to go the the hotel anyway, I'm sure they'll have a free room.

The car stops outside the hotel and I pull my suitcase along after thanking and tipping the driver.

I walk to the reception "do you guys have any spare rooms?" I ask. I really wasn't sure how to approach them, since I always made sure my rooms were booked in advance.

"Erm...let me check." The receptionist said "I'm not quite sure as we're really busy right now, please take a seat in the waiting area." He points to the arrangement of chairs behind me.

After giving him my name, I go and sit down, admiring the artwork hung around the walls of the hotel.

"Miss Davis?"

"Mr King?" I look up to see Xavier standing next to the chair I was sitting on.

"You're here already?" He asks.

"I have a meeting with Mr Takahashi tomorrow morning." I inform him.  He nods.

"Miss Davis." The receptionist walks up to me, stopping Xavier as he was about to say something. "Unfortunately we are completely booked until tomorrow afternoon, we can't provide a room for you."

"What?!" I accidentally slip out "are you sure there isn't any rooms?" I ask uselessly. 

He shakes his head "would you like us to take your luggage back to your car?" He asks "we can offer-"

"There's no need." Xavier holds his hand out to stop the receptionist from speaking "I have a room, she can stay in there."

"What?" I say looking at Xavier.

"Very well." The receptionist nods and leaves us alone. 

"I'm not sharing a room with you." I state straight away.

What was he thinking? This was probably another one of his games.

"You're just as tempted as I am."

Every time I saw him those words echoed in my head. I didn't want to do anything with or for him that would feed his idea that I was tempted.

"Miss Davis, the next hotel isn't for another 45 minutes." He says.

"I don't care, there's no way that's happening." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Don't be difficult."

"I'm not being difficult, I have every reason not to." I huff.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I'm sure you can tolerate one night with me." He says, a cheeky smirk on his face.

"Mr King.." I warn.

"At least put your luggage in my room until you find a place to stay, you look helplessly sad dragging your stuff like a lost puppy."

My teeth grit, his tone told me his words we a mockery rather than a joke. "Fine."

I walk behind him following him to his room, he takes the stairs, making me have to lift my suit case up every step.

Suddenly he stops outside a room, but my brain doesn't register that he's stopped walking and I carry on, crashing into his back.

"Touching me already?" He says, his back is facing me but I know he has that godforsaken smirk on his face.