Chapter 14

XAVIER POV

"Bro I'm stressed." Leroy says, pacing up and down my room.

"Why are you so scared?" I ask him, this is the third meltdown he's had today.

"What is she says no? Or what if she doesn't show up? Or what if she doesn't love  me anymore?" He sighs.

"You love her and she loves you." I say "you guys are made for each other right?" He nods.  "Then everything will be fine."

"Ok. Ok!" He calms himself down. I hand him his tie, the final piece of his look, and give him a supportive pat on the back.

"Leroy it's you're wedding day, please just enjoy it." I remind him.

As he calms himself down my mind can't help but wonder back to my own 'wedding'.

I never got to experience those pre-wedding jitters, the stress of whether she would turn up and the relief when I saw her coming down the aisle.

My wedding wasn't real.

It was a contract that made both of us a lot of money.

I had pretty much come to terms with the fact that getting married wasn't going to happen for me anytime soon.

The only person I could see myself getting married to was already planning to marry someone else and no one could ever take that place.

It wasn't hard to realise that I was still in love with her but I knew I shouldn't be. She was bad for me and I hated the fact that I didn't care.

She was fire but I just wanted to get burned.

It didn't matter that she would ruin me time and time again because it was worth it.

I wish I didn't love her. I wish I could move on as quickly and as easily as she did.

But I always loved her more than she did.

"Ok I'm ready." Leroy fixes his suit one last time "I'm ready to get married."

We both get into the car and a driver drives us to the beach. I don't know why they decided to get married on a Sandy beach that smells like fish and shit but they both seemed pretty happy about it so I didn't say anything.

I did do a few arrangements however, I made sure that the beach would be empty so that no one could interrupt or disturb their ceremony.

"I can't believe you guys are getting married on the beach in November.." I mutter as the car halts outside the pier.

"She's a crazy girl and I'm crazy for her boss," Leroy smiles to himself "do you think I care where we get married?" He asks me.

My eyebrows furrow so he carries on speaking "I don't care whether we get married on the beach, or in a castle or just at the register office - all I care about is that she's going to be my wife."

"If you don't care then why pick the worst place out of all those options?" I question, if he really didn't care wouldn't he rather get married indoors?

"Boss..." he throws his head back and smiles "you should of seen the smile on her face when she mentioned the beach....she made the beach sound like heaven."

I smile at him, it was nice seeing him so happy. He was the most positive and cheery person I had ever met and he really deserves everything.

"Ok lover boy," I open the car door "it's time for you to get married."

A giant grin emerges on his face as he gets out the car and rushes down the steps.

It was relatively sunny for a November day, and the sand was mostly dry. I look over to see a little ceremonial area set up for everyone.