Liu Fang walked over to her and asked: "Why aren't you replying to me?"

"What?" Su MingLi impatiently replied.

"Come with me and meet Mrs. Shen." Liu Fang pulled Su MingLi's arm.

"I'm not going." Su MingLi threw off her hand.

"What's with this temper tantrum?" Liu Fang frowned.

"I don't want to curry favor with that illegitimate child's mother-in-law." Su MingLi huffed.

"Shut up!" Liu Fang shouted at her daughter, then hurriedly looked around to make sure that no one paid attention to them. "Why are you spouting such irresponsible remarks?"

Su MingLi bit her lip, her expression full of discontent.

Liu Fang yanked her daughter towards her and said: "Do you think I like doing this? This isn't about you. The Su family is now under Su Hang's control and your father and I have no real power in the company. If it wasn't for Su Hang's apprehensions about the company's image, your father and I would've been kicked out of the company a long time ago. Without the Su company, do you think people will still bother to remember that you're the eldest miss of the Su family?"

"He dares?" Su MingLi was furious. The Su company was obviously her birthright.

"With 51% of the company's shares in his hands, he certainly can. He has all the other major shareholders' trust, while we only have 8% of the shares." Liu Fang told her.

"Why did you and dad transfer so many stocks to that bastard?" Su MingLi couldn't fathom the reason they even thought of giving the shares to Su Hang.

"If we didn't transfer it to him, the Su company would've gone bankrupt three years ago." Liu Fang said.

"Couldn't you have sold it to someone else?" Su MingLi still didn't understand why it had to give it to Su Hang specifically.

"If we sold it to outsiders, the world would find out that the Su company changed hands. If that happened, do you think our family would still have the right to mix in this circle?" Liu Fang asked. "Or are you willing to live off the dividends of our measly 8% share?"

(T/N: If the majority of the shares went to an outsider, the Su family will no longer own the Su company. Then, they'd just be a normal family. They would no longer have the clout to mix in with 'high society'.)

"So what can we do?" Su MingLi gloomily asked.

"We need to draw in Su Hang and the Shen family's network of connections." Liu Fang looked at her daughter. "The Su family doesn't belong to us anymore. When Su Hang inevitably splits off from us, we can use the Shen family's abundant connections to develop a new and successful company. Our future depends on this, got it?"

"..." Su MingLi gave her mother a sullen nod.

Liu Fang saw this and her shoulders eased a bit. She took Su MingLi's hand and brought her towards the Shen couple.

"Uncle Shen, Auntie Shen." Su MingLi's face changed in an instant. Her expression turned cute and pure.

"Ah, hello Miss Su." Mother Shen met Su MingLi during Shen Xi's wedding.

"Auntie, you can call me MingLi." Su MingLi noticed that Mrs. Shen's shawl was a little askew, so she lifted her hand and helped her straighten it. "Auntie, your shawl is a little off-center. Let me help you with that."

Mother Shen didn't shy away from her hands and let Su MingLi help her. When Su MingLi lifted her hand, Mother Shen noticed her diamond bracelet. At the sight of this accessory, Mother Shen's eyes flickered.