"If you're angry, you can shout at me, hit me, bite me; it doesn't matter. As long as you're not hurting." As soon as Su Hang opened his eyes, he saw a sorrowful expression on Shen Xi's face. It was like being stabbed in the heart.

"If..." Shen Xi tentatively started. "What would you have done if I woke up and cried?"

"I would've hated myself." Su Hang replied without hesitation. "I would've thought that I forced myself on you."

"And then?" Shen Xi asked again.

"And then..." Su Hang didn't like this imagined scenario. He didn't want to continue talking about this, ah.

Shen Xi looked at Su Hang's resistant expression. Truthfully, her heart already knew the answer. After all, this wasn't the first time Shen Xi had experienced a 'first time' with him.

(T/N: This wasn't the first time she had sex with Su Hang for the first time. Confusing, ah.)

"Fool. You're such an idiot." Shen Xi couldn't help but complain.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I won't do it again." Su Hang apologized once more.

"Su Hang, promise me one thing." Shen Xi looked at him.

"Yes, of course." Su Hang nodded without hesitation.

"No matter how angry or sad I am, even if I start ignoring you...just, just remember to coax me until I forgive you." Don't beat yourself up and leave me on my own.

Su Hang's eyes brightened, and he fiercely nodded.

You were the one who said these words. Now that you've consented, I'll never leave you in my entire life.

With this sharp contrast to her previous life's memories, Shen Xi didn't want to be hypocritical. Although Su Hang tricked her, it wasn't like she hadn't been willing. Furthermore, this outcome was much better than in her previous life.

Let's just treat each other a little better this time around.

"Get up, I'm going to take a bath." Shen Xi pushed Su Hang.

"Oh, sure." Su Hang obediently got out of bed and went to the closet to get a robe. He tied the belt, smiled at Shen Xi, then left the bedroom to take a bath on the first-floor bathroom.

Shen Xi looked at the robe Su Hang had put on. She realized that from the very beginning, Su Hang had deliberately left his robes in her closet for a situation like this. It wasn't that he forgot to take them away when he was cleaning up!

Meanwhile, a humming Su Hang walked down the stairs and happened to bump into Mrs. Zhang. She had been walking out of the kitchen with a pot of porridge. The stunned Mrs. Zhang looked at Su Hang, then towards the second floor. With a huge smile on her face, she said: "Congratulations, sir."

"Cough!" Su Hang quickened his steps towards the guest bedroom, but the smile on his face betrayed his actual mood. He was obviously delighted at Mrs. Zhang's congratulations.

Su Hang took a bath, changed his clothes, then came out. Mrs. Zhang asked: "Sir, you'll be leaving for work soon. Would you like me to help you pack your clothes and put them back in the master bedroom?"

"Ah...." Su Hang glanced towards the second floor. "That depends on my wife."

His answer was perfect.

"I understand. I'll ask Madam later." Mrs. Zhang replied with a chuckle.

"Un." Su Hang loftily nodded his head, pretending not to hear her laughter. Su Hang once again felt that Mrs. Zhang is truly talented in her line of work. He should give her another raise, ah.

On the other side, Shen Xi had finished taking a bath. She sat down on the bed, opened her bedside table, and looked at the white medicine bottle in the drawer. After a moment of hesitation, Shen Xi grabbed it.