Su Hang woodenly passed the bouquet to the delighted Mrs. Zhang. After she left, the lost Su Hang stood in place, blankly staring at nothing in particular.

Mrs. Zhang found a vase to put the flowers in, then went back into the room only to see Su Hang still in front of the dining table where she had left him. She was surprised. She couldn't help but say: "Please have breakfast, Sir. The food is going to get cold."

Su Hang blinked as if he had come back into his senses. When he glanced at the hot food on the table. He had no appetite. "No need. I'm going to be late for work."

Su Hang went back into his room, took a shower, changed his clothes, then headed out for work. As he was getting into the car, Mrs. Zhang rushed out with a lunchbox and handed it to Su Hang. She said: "Sir, I've packed some porridge and a steamed bun for you. Please eat it when you're not too busy."

"Thank you." Su Hang accepted the lunchbox, then placed it on the passenger seat. He obviously didn't have any desire to eat it.

After delivering the lunchbox, Mrs. Zhang went back into the house, cleaned up the dining table, then got to work. After a busy morning, she suddenly thought of something. She threw the dishcloth she was holding and shouted: "Oh, I completely forgot to tell the Sir that the lunchbox was something Madam asked me to make for him!"

Originally, Shen Xi had gotten up early as usual. But she was still feeling upset and didn't want to deal with Su Hang. Although she knew that the Su Hang of this life didn't deserve all of her grievances, there was no one else they could be dumped to. Right after Su Hang went out of the house for his run, Shen Xi came down the stairs. She wanted to take advantage of his absence to go out. However, before she stepped out of the front door, she thought back to their habit of eating breakfast together. After some hesitation, she couldn't help say to Mrs. Zhang: "Oh, if my husband doesn't eat breakfast, please prepare a lunchbox for him."

  ==

At noon, Fang Yu walked into the president's office with a box of takeout. "Boss, today's lunch is beef fillet with black pepper."

Su Hang, who had been looking at his phone in a daze, grabbed his car keys and threw it at Fang Yu. "Go and get the lunchbox in my car."

So Fang Yu had to go down to the underground parking lot to pick up a lunch box containing cold porridge and a steamed bun. Fang Yu heated the food up in the microwave, sent it to his boss, and witnessed his boss put on a foolish face.

On the other side, Shen Xi and Yun Shu were currently having lunch in a quiet restaurant.

"So you're telling me that Su Hang expressed his love for you last night, and you scolded him and called him a bastard?" Yun Shu asked in disbelief.

"Un." Shen Xi nodded.

"And the reason you did it was that you found out that the woman he's been crushing on all this time was you?" Yun Shu asked, wanting to verify.

"Un." Shen Xi nodded, then asked: "Do you think I acted a little high-maintenance?"

"Well..." Yun Shu bit her lip. "Your reaction is a little strange. Do you really want Su Hang to have a crush on some other woman instead?"

Shen Xi crazily shook her head.

"There you go." Yun Shu took a sip of her juice.

"I'm just a little angry. Just imagine if he didn't tell me that he liked me; I would've always assumed that he liked someone else. Our marriage surely wouldn't end well." Shen Xi explained.

"You're right." Yun Shu thought for a moment, then finally acceded. "It would be a tragedy."

"That's why I'm angry." Shen Xi stabbed her straw into her smoothie.