24: not again

It was weekend and volleyball club had extra practices on that day. Everyone of them was warming up for their morning jogs. Ayumu held her guide book closed to her chest as she looked at the members with a smile.

    "Yumu, why not ya join us jogging too?" Atsumu voiced out, taking everyone's attention. The team members were quick to turn their head on Ayumu's direction who now had a trouble smile on her face. Their sudden gaze and Atsumu's blunt statement made Ayumu had no time to process for some words to reply. Her lips were like goldfish's inside the bowl escaping air as they were opened and closed yet nothing escaped.

    "Miya will stay back here. She's not joining." Kita instantly butt in whenever he realized the situation Ayumu was in. Ayumu looked at him who didn't spare a glance on her direction but to the members.

    "The many, the merrier, Shinsuke." Omimi said as some of the members nodded their head, hoping Kita would change his mind.
    "No." The captain stated. "She will help us to prepare some drink for us when we come back."

    Then, he turned in flash towards where Ayumu was. Through his eyes, Ayumu could say Kita wanted her to talk a little word so it could stop the members from pestering more.

    "Y-yeah. Kita's right. I'll prepare some drinks for ya. So, jog safely okay?" She grinned only gained the members nodded their head in surrender. Both brothers of her started having this pouty sulky face until Kita's voice echoed at the area once again.

    "We are going now." Kita commanded. The members didn't disobey either so they started to walk to the school gate as they would start their jogs from there. Whenever the members left from one member to another, Kita was the last one at behind.

    "Don't do anything heavy." Kita reminded her as Ayumu glared at him.
    "I know. No need to remind me. Go and catch up with others, Mr Captain."

    With that, he left instantly. Ayumu could only heaved a sigh as Kita's figure finally gone from her view. Now, she was by her own inside the gym. Ever since the day whenever Kita finally knew the reason why Ayumu stopped playing, he started being a little protective than before. It's kind of suffocating. Not like she wasn't appreciating his kindness but if he kept on being that kind of way, the members would start getting suspicious. Especially, her brothers.

    Sigh. . .

    Ayumu put down her book on a bench nearby as she went to prepare for the boys' drinks. She had thought about to fill up the big container of water instead but yeahㅡKita already reminded her about not doing something heavy...And not like Ayumu would like to take the risk either. Her asthma had slowly recovered already so she didn't want to welcome the illness again.

    Picking up the members bottle, she filled up one by one and brought to the bench. To kill the time while waiting for the members to come back, she read her guide book. The books that filled with volleyball thingy. The regimen, the trick and the steps. As she was studying the movement, her phone inside her club jacket suddenly rang. Ayumu fished the phone out from her pocket and looked for the caller.

    Her lips instantly sealed as she took a deep breath in. Putting down the book, she answered the call. She didn't know what she should expect from the caller but all she could do right now was, just preparing her heart, her mind and soul.

    "Helloㅡ"
    "You really hello me after not telling me what happen?" He scolded her through the line. Ayumu closed her eyes tight, holding her breath inside as the caller kept on nagging to her "What should I do with you? Should I go to Hyogo right now and smack the head of yours myself? Or you want me to tell your brothers myself? You have no idea how worried I am when I knew your asthma attacked you again. Why are you so stubborn?"