20

cttro

~

The next day arrived, and Etsuko found herself restless, her mind consumed by thoughts a certain cat boy. Sleep had eluded her throughout the night. The urge to seek him out and drag him back to Tokyo, to where he should be. 

As the morning sun cast its gentle glow upon the world, Etsuko knew she couldn't ignore the pull any longer. She had to find him, to wake the shit out of him. But she also knew that convincing Kenma to return to Tokyo would be a battle in itself. His introverted nature and reluctance to leave her side made the task seem daunting. 

Osamu, her ever-observant brother, noticed her restlessness. He casually sliced a piece of cake that Suna had bought for her last night, his curiosity piqued."Where are you going so early in the morning?" he asked, his voice laced with genuine concern. 

Etsuko approached him from behind, leaning in close as she playfully grabbed his fork and took a bite of the cake. "Hotel," she whispered, her voice filled with a mix of excitement and determination. 

Osamu's eyes widened in shock, his brows furrowing with worry. "What do you mean, a hotel? What are you planning to do there?"

Etsuko corrected him gently, her voice carrying a sense of purpose. "Drag him back." 

Her brother's concern deepened, his voice tinged with a touch of fear. "Are you serious, Etsuko? We all know Kenma won't go back." 

"Don't worry, Osamu. I got it all planned out." Etsuko grabbed her bag and made her way towards the front door. "I'll see you later!" 

"Hey, I'm not done talking to you!" Osamu's eyes widened in disbelief, his hands slamming onto the table as he rose to his feet. "Wait! Etsuko!" 

But it was too late. Etsuko had already shut the door behind her, leaving Osamu standing there, his mind filled with concern and unanswered questions. 

~

Etsuko's heart raced as she waited for Kenma in the lobby of the hotel. Her phone buzzed in her pocket, and she quickly retrieved it, seeing a call from Atsumu. She answered the call, bracing herself for the impending lecture. 

"Are you crazy? What's gotten into you? You're killing me!" Atsumu's voice rang out, filled with concern and frustration. 

Etsuko took a deep breath, trying to remain calm as she responded, "I can't let him stay here on his own, Tsumu. Please understand." 

Atsumu's voice rose in exasperation, "Kenma isn't a fucking 3-year-old kid! It's not your concern! He decided to stay here for you! That is Kenma's decision, so let him be." 

Etsuko's voice softened, filled with a mix of determination and love, "You don't understand, Tsumu. Kenma is still my business. We may have broken up, but that doesn't mean he isn't my concern anymore." 

She knew Atsumu was only looking out for her, and she appreciated his concern. But Kenma held a special place in her heart, and their connection went beyond their romantic relationship. They had been friends before they became lovers, and that bond remained strong. 

Atsumu's voice carried a hint of frustration as he retorted, "You can't be friends with your ex, Tsuko." 

Etsuko's voice softened, a touch of sadness in her tone, "Tsumu..." She heard Atsumu sigh heavily on the other end of the line, the frustration giving way to a reluctant understanding. 

It took a moment before he spoke again. "Fine, what are you planning? Where is he going to stay?" Atsumu's voice held a mix of resignation and concern.