18

cttro

~

"Like I said, I didn't know they had broken up," Suna reiterated, his voice filled with a mixture of guilt and regret. "And even if I had known, I would still have done the same thing. Kozume doesn't know anyone else here except us. I couldn't just let him wander around alone."

"You're too kind, Suna," Aran remarked, his admiration evident in his tone.

"I can't remember you being this kind back in high school," Atsumu chimed in, his mouth full of food as he chewed.

"I just got here, and you guys all look messed up," Aran teased, continuing to enjoy his breakfast. Osamu refilled his cup with tea, his expression filled with a mix of exhaustion and concern. "I'm more surprised that Kenma didn't tell you."

"We're not that close, despite having similar personalities," Suna explained matter-of-factly. "What did you talked about anyways?" Suna asked, turning his head to Osamu.

Osamu had pulled Kenma aside for a private conversation earlier.

"Just some things, man to man," Osamu replied simply.

"Where is he right now?" Aran inquired, turning his attention to Osamu.

"He's finding a hotel," Osamu began, rubbing his neck. "He plans to stay here until Etsuko and him get back together."

"Wow, must be nice to be rich," Aran playfully commented, stabbing his bacon with his fork. "He's wasting money."

"My sister is worth a fortune, you know! I mean, she's lucky to have my handsome and awesome blood running through her veins," Atsumu boasted, a cocky smile spreading across his face.

"Whatever you say, Tsumu," Osamu sighed, shaking his head.

Aran and Suna shrugged, accustomed to Atsumu's confident bravado.

"Hey, Rin, are you done eating?" Etsuko's voice echoed from upstairs.

Suna raised his head and yelled back, "Yeah! Wear comfortable clothes, you hear me?!"

"Where are you guys going?" Aran asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

Suna tilted his head, resting his chin on the table. "Ah, just here and there. I thought she needed a breather once in a while."

Aran hummed, his gaze fixed on his food as he sliced his sausage in half. "Now that I think about it, you guys were pretty close since middle school." Aran remarked, placing the other half sausage on Atsumu's plate. "I actually thought you two would end up together," he chuckled, reminiscing about their past.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I remember now! You just transferred to our school, and Tsuko was your only friend back then!" Atsumu exclaimed, his memory jogged by Aran's words.

"Just so you know, I was scouted," Suna corrected, a hint of pride in his voice.

"Hu~" Atsumu teased, wiggling his eyebrows mischievously and pointing his fork at Suna. "Tell me honestly. You never thought of courting her? Ever?" He emphasized the word 'ever' to heighten the anticipation.

Aran and Osamu paused, waiting for Suna's response. Suna felt the pressure, reminiscent of the way Kita would look at him with those fiery eyes. It was always intimidating.

"Why would I date my best friend?" Suna countered, raising an eyebrow in genuine confusion.

The three of them let out a sigh, realizing that Suna would always be Suna.

Suna's smile wavered for a moment, his eyes betraying a hint of longing. For him, the closest bonds are the ones that can't be defined by romance. Etsuko has always been his best friend, and that's something he cherish and swear won't cross the line.