LAST NIGHT OF TOUR

NEW YORK

Frank opened his eyes to find Gerard lying next to him in his bed. His bed, in his room, in his house in New Jersey. And Frank liked that view.

He could get used to it, and would love this view every morning.

'Good morning, babe,' Gerard mumbled, his eyes still closed, knowing his boyfriend was staring at him.

'Morning, babe.'

All the older man could do was smile back at him, his day already a lot better.

'Is it too soon to say I love having you here?' Frank asked, causing the other man to blush and cuddling closer. 'I would make you and the kids breakfast, go to the park with you. Is that something you'd be interested in?'

'Are you asking me if I want to move in with you?' he asked with a shy smile.

'I mean, why would you go to LA to your lonely house, when you can be in with your boyfriend, in your hometown?'

'Sounds tempting.'

'Look, you don't have to say yes, just think about it, and you know, you'll always have a place to stay when you visit Jersey.'

'I'd appreciate it a lot.'

'May I seduce you with the best breakfast burritos and coffee you'll ever have?' Frank asked, nuzzling his neck.

'You may try – but I'm actually in the mood for something else.'

'Oh yeah?'

'Yeah – I kinda want Italian sausage.'

Frank laughed hysterically. 'Look at you, Mr. Way! You and your dirty mouth!'

'You want me to use it?'

'Is that even a question? Get on it!'

***

Once they stepped out of their after-sex shower, they walked to the kitchen, and Frank started cooking, while his guest worked on the coffee. 'I think you're convincing me,' he whispered to the younger man as he handed him his cup, exactly like Frank liked it.

'I knew it'd work.'

'So – we better head to the venue before traffic gets crazy,' Gerard mentioned, once they cleaned up everything.

'Oh yeah, Jamia and the kids will meet us there for lunch.' Frank noticed his reaction, and he wasn't sure if it was because of his kids, though he doubted it was that. But it could be him mentioning his ex. 'Is it okay that she's coming?'

'Of course. I love how supportive you guys are of each other, and that she's still a part of your life.'

'It's okay if it bothers you. She's my kids' mom, so of course she's going to be in my life, but I know it can be weird.'

'No – I don't mind it. She's nice, and she still cares about you.'

'You are the best, you know?'

'I know.'

An hour later, they were making it to Manhattan, and parking outside a famous pancake restaurant that the kids had been wanting to visit for some time. 'Dad!' Miles said as he ran to Frank, who realized how much he missed them living with him, but thankfully it was the last day of tour.

'You guys just got here?' he asked Jamia.

'About an hour ago. We thought you were at the venue already so we were hanging out with Cara.'

'Oh yeah, we kinda slept in.'

'Yeah, right.' She then greeted the other man with a hug. 'Hi, Gee.'

'Hi.'

'I know you probably think it's weird, but I'm really glad you guys found each other,' she told him.

'Not weird at all, and I appreciate it.'

After lunch, they headed back to the venue, and Adam's kids were there too, and Laura tried to convince them all to play soccer outside, but they were all too entertained with their videogames.

In the meantime, the adults were having pizza and beers to celebrate the last night of tour.

'It was an honor touring with all of you guys,' Gerard said, raising his can of Coke. 'It was the best way to come back to this.'

They all went aww and cheer for him.

And he continued. 'And yeah, I'm also grateful because this tour may or may not have changed my life, and I may or may not have met the love of my life.'

'I knew you'd say that,' Adam replied, wrapping an arm around him. 'And I have to say, I'm glad I was the one who introduced you to each other, so you're welcome.'

They all went around giving their own speeches, mainly celebrating that they could go home to their families and pets. And when it was Frank's turn, he was almost crying, not letting go of Gerard's hand. 'Well – first of all, I'm happy that I'll be able to sleep in my own bed, and take my kids to school and play with them instead of being stuck in a gross bus with you. But in all seriousness, this is my favorite tour that I've been part of, for obvious reasons, and I'm glad I could be with all of my best friends too. We should do this soon.'

Minutes later, they were getting on stage, and Gerard decided to include his cover of Superstar to his setlist, singing it to Frank, who was standing side stage the whole time. And then, ended the set with a song he had written during the week they had off.

If you stay, I would even wait all night
Or until my heart explodes
How long until we find our way
In the dark and out of harm?
You can run away with me
Anytime you want

And that night Frank played with his all, as if it was the last time he could play music. He ended the set with Joyriding, but let the audience sing the whole song, and it was magical. 'Thank you, New York! You know how to party.' And then he was off, walking straight to Gerard and kissing his lips. 'I love you.'

He wanted to celebrate the end of the tour with him only, but his kids were there, and it could wait. Besides, they were dragged to Taking Back Sunday's bus for the after party. Adam had ordered catering for everyone, and there were people hanging out in the parking lot, even some devoted fans.

While they talked to Laura, Jamia took a picture of Frank with his head on Gerard's shoulder, giggling, holding hands, and sent it to him. He just smiled big and high fived her.

'Hey,' he said, trying to get Gerard's attention. 'Is it okay if I post it?' He showed him the picture, bringing a smile to the older man's face too.

'I love it. Yes.'

'Are you sure?'

'I think it's time.'

'Me too.'

So he got on his Instagram, and posted the picture with the caption, Tonight was our night, New York. The last night of tour. These days are always bittersweet, wanting to go home with your family, but knowing you'll miss your frendz. But this one especially, brought a special person to my life. I wasn't expecting to fall in love on tour, but I did. I love you @gerardway.

Not even an hour later, the kids were tired, and Frank was starting to get drunk, so Gerard pulled him to the side. 'Should we head home?' he asked.

'Home?' Frank replied, his eyes sparkly from all the alcohol and hearing Gerard referring to his house as home. 'Is that a yes then?'

His boyfriend just nodded.

'Let's go then.'