Chapter 4: The Ardacians

The Phantom Seas are genuinely a fantastic oddity of Brawltopia. The waters stretch out far past the horizons and are said to give access to untouched lands. The further into the horizon you looked the darker the water became, but this was not how it got its name. The name was coined years ago by sailors who would look out into the horizons, become entranced by the cascading waves, and fall off of their ships. When they were pulled back into their boats, if they made it back on the boat, they would ramble about how the sea called to them. The voices from the water calling their names to join them.

In contrast, the shores were stunning with bright blues and greens gracing the water's surface as it united with the land. The white foaming of the water tickled the feet of children that played on the beaches and the current forced various fish species inland for fisherman to capture. The waters were cold to the bone in the winter but the summer gave a refreshing change to the intense heat as the waves lightly met the beachfront.

To the far east of the Greater Sand Dunes, blocking the view to the Phantom Seas, were the Jungles of Ardacia. The jungle is mostly inhabited by a large array of wildlife, battling for survival yet contributing to the beauty of Ardacia. This super jungle of gargantuan trees and luscious greenery leads directly to a wonderful cliffside view of the Phantom Seas.

The water crashing against the rocks at the bottom of the cliff is a site that many come far and wide to see but the real beauty is the waterfall of Ardacia. A giant waterfall that leads from a river winding through the Ardacia jungle directly into the Phantom Seas. Today there was one new addition to the waterfall's wonder. Behind the waterfall sat a large man with skin brown like the soil he surrounded himself with. He sat there with his legs tucked beneath himself, no movement, no talking, just breathing. He seemed roughly six feet tall or perhaps he was just barely less. Not even he knew for his beliefs did not understand measurements in the traditional sense. He wore a green vest with burgundy pants hand-stitched from the rugged appearance they had. No shirt was beneath his vest exposing the large frame of his chest from what looked like years of training. Beside him lay a bow with white feathers adorning the tips. His hair long and flowing with the winds created by the rushing waters before him. His name was-

"BO!" a high pitched voice shrilly cried out.

Bo slowly opened his eyes as he turned to the small girl that had just run up to him. This child was very small, no more than four feet tall. To be twelve and so small Bo feared for her safety in the future but looking at her now, he knew she would grow up to be a fearsome beast. Though she was rather small her body was built for survival.

"Bo! Look, look! I caught a fish with my bare hands, see." To say it was a fish was an understatement. Behind her, she was dragging a giant tuna twice the size of Bo. The fish was struggling weakly before it passed on to the next realm in her grasp. He looked her over and saw that she was drenched with water. Her teal blue tunic was soaked to her skin, thank the gods that their fabrics were thick or this would be a very awkward situation for them both.

"Well done young one," his voice was smooth like butter yet deep and commanding, like a father who was on his sixth child. "But how far did you have to swim to catch that?"

"I dunno, I just kept swimming until I saw a fish big enough," she said nonchalantly. Her voice was very sharp like it hurt her to speak, but she talked quickly with no sign of resting.

"Well did you at least find your spiritual beast on your little swim?" he questioned.

"Nope, I only found lunch," she threw the tuna in the air and caught it with a smile. The fish had two small holes in its stomach. Bo looked at it confused until he saw her bright smile and the red tinge on her teeth.