She swept through town, trying to find anyone who even looked like Kaleb. It was so much more difficult because she hadn't paid enough attention to his face; she hadn't thought him important when she was right in front of him. And he bore basically no similarity to Kol aside from her height. Therefore, basically every typical teenage white male who was half a foot taller than her could be her brother. At least, Kaleb was the same height as Kol. Sometimes, she hated being the shortest of her siblings, because she couldn't see over other heads very easily. And since she refused to wear heels very often, it was much more difficult.

The sun was already going down when Hilda had exhausted all her options. She had looked all over St. Anne's Church and other buildings that they could be in. It was either go to the cabin or into the cemetery. From what Hayley was saying in her repeated texts, she, Marcel, and Elijah were teaming up with two of the wolves to help and stop Finn from forcing some young werewolves to trigger their curse. Hilda assumed the cemetery was not the better option at the moment.

Her dilemma was solved (surprisingly) by a text from Klaus, asking her to make her way to the cabin. He had confirmed that Davina and Mikael were there. She was making her way there when another text made her stop. 'Kol is here.'

With a wide grin on her face, she sped the rest of the way to the cabin, expecting that Kol's witch body might get knocked down when she leapt to hug him.

However, when she arrived to the clearing in the woods where the cabin was, an alarming sight greeted her. She could hear Klaus snapping at someone inside the cabin, but out where his car was, Mikael was standing, blood dripping down his chest, with an unconscious Cami in his arms.

He hadn't seen Hilda, and she thought that the element of surprise would be in her favor.

She jumped at him, ready to snap his neck, but she had made a mistake. She had not seen what he had in his hands. Papa Tunde's blade was shoved deep into her chest as he turned. He was in fact caught off guard by his daughter, but the way he had been holding the blade had aided him in taking her down before she could land a punch.

Hilda almost screamed, but Mikael snapped her neck before she could. With a wicked grin, he sped away with both Cami and Hilda.

_

When Hilda woke up, she was in Lafayette Cemetery.

She knew, for a fact, she was inside of a tomb. No— not a tomb. Not exactly. This had to be the Lycée of the cemetery. She could smell sage burning and could see several pages from a grimoire had been hung up on a clothesline. She felt pain as she tried to tilt her head up, and when she tried to move her arms, she found they were chained up from the ceiling. Her legs were free, but they barely touched the ground, which made the sensation all the more uncomfortable.

She managed to hold her head up enough to check her surroundings better. Her chest immediately tightened. To her right, Elijah was chained up in a similar manner, completely unconscious and practically drenched in blood.

"My daughter, you're awake."

She snapped her head up, thrashing and trying to break the chains as Esther, in Lenore's body, walked up to her. She must have been trying to look motherly, but that was certainly not what was conveyed.

"What the fuck?" snapped Hilda. Her own voice sounded hoarse. "Mikael—"

"Did not deliver you," said Esther. "No, Finn found you in the water of the Bayou."

Hilda tried desperately to remember what could have happened. She'd been stabbed with Papa Tunde's blade... then everything had gone dark...

"I suppose your mind is too addled to figure it out, child," sighed Esther. "I believe Mikael disposed of you in that murky water. Facedown, I presume, because you were repeatedly drowned and unable to pull that blade out of your chest. When Finn learned that you were missing..."