FIFTY

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴFIFTY˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            -love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴFIFTY˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
-love repeats.

It was around fifteen minutes later when Daisy and Harry had entered the shop, the one that Harry had suggested. It was quite dark, and there was candles everywhere. That was really the only source of light.

There was a woman behind the cash counter that was in the corner. There was a black cat sat on the counter, meowing. The woman didn't seem to acknowledge the two, she was dusting a picture frame above her head.

It was awfully quiet, and nobody else was in the shop.

Daisy have Harry a weird look, glancing around the room curiously. "Are you sure this is the right shop? It's weird It feels like this is where we're going to die."

Harry blinked. If he remembered correctly, then yes, this was the right shop. "I'm pretty sure. Let's just find the alcohol and leave."

Neither of them liked this strange atmosphere in this shop.

They had to squint their eyes to see the labels on the bottles as it was so dark. Daisy's eyes had ran along a shelf before she saw a bottle that was pink and reached for it.

"Are you sure you want that one?"

Daisy jumped out of her skin, almost knocking the whole shelf of bottles down. She spun around, pressed against the shelf. Her chest rose up and down in fright as the woman who was at the other end of the room five seconds ago, was now right in front of her face.

She had heard Harry laugh somewhere next to her.

"I mean, it's quite strong." The lady continued, pulling her glasses down from her head and putting them on her face and reading the bottle.

"Wha-"

The cat had jumped on the shelf next to Daisys head and that made her jump again.

"It's fine." Harry said, coming into Daisy's view. She could tell that he had been laughing at the situation and she rolled her eyes. "We'll take that one."

"If you're sure." the lady said, making some weird gesture to the cat which made it jump down and follow her.

Once the lady was a few metres away, Daisy spoke. "What the actual fuck."

"You actually should of seen your face." Harry grinned, walking up to the counter. "Looked terrified."

"Shut up." Daisy crossed her arms, not liking the fact that Harry was laughing at her. "I told you this place was weird."

They approached the counter where the lady was already waiting. She had her eyes closed, stroking the cat.

Daisy and Harry both waited their awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

"I say we take the bottle and run." Daisy whispered, not taking her eyes of the woman.

Harry tapped his fingers on the wooden side, slowly nodding his head and whispering back. "I think that's a good idea. Let's get out of here."

The lady snaps her eyes open and smiles widely. "Hello! Sorry about that. The voices." She waved of, finding the price for the alcohol.

"The voices..??" Daisy asked, and Harry gulped.

"Yes the voices, dear. They're speaking to me."

Both of their eyes widened, unsure of what she meant but all they knew was that this woman was crazy.

"That will come to-"

Harry slammed some money on the counter, cutting of her sentence. He gave over much more money than the bottle was worth, but he didn't care. He didn't want to be in this place any longer.

He took the bottle and Daisy grabbed his hand, practically pulling him out the shop.

As soon as they left the atmosphere felt normal again.

"I hated that." Daisy grimaced, making a disgusted face.

"It was funny though." Harry added which earned him a slap on the back of the head from Daisy.

"It was not." She said sternly, both of them beginning to walk to find somewhere to drink.

"The voices." Harry said. "That was weird."

"Psycho." Daisy said, deciding to go back to the park they were at before.

"If the duck is still here, we are moving." Harry said immediately, looking around for it.

"It's not here." Daisy laughed, entering the park. Luckily there was no body around to whiteness them drink.

Harry cautiously sat down on the bench, still looking for the duck. However, he handed over the bottle to Daisy.

She struggled for a minute, before she opened it and took a swiff and grimaced, pulling it away. "I mean, the woman wasn't wrong. That smells so strong."

Harry sniffed it and scrunched his nose up.

"Lily would be fuming if she knew we were drinking." Daisy said, starting to imagine the look on her face, scolding them both.

"I try not to imagine what her reaction would be." Harry said, also scared for his life when he would walk back into the house later, trying to act sober.

Daisy hesitated for a second before brining the bottle to her lips and taking a big sip. It burned the back of her throat, but she liked it.

It was Harry's turn next. He brought the bottle to his lips and drinking it. He didn't seem fazed, just blinked a couple of times.

They passed it back and forth until there was only a small drop left.

And it was on about a few minutes left until the drink actually kicked in.

><><
a/n
i imagined the weird lady
as my old history teacher.
they give of the same vibes.