Chapter Thirty-Three

Mulai dari awal

"Knightsbridge," I said and he nodded. He asked me if he could take the luggage and took me to his car. I followed him to his car. He kept the trolley in the trunk and I sat in the car. 

"I'm going to tell you before that you'll get the night charges." He informed and I nodded. 

"It's your first time over here?" He asked again. I didn't want to look rude so I flashed him a small smile and a nod.

"Yes," I answered.

"You don't have to be so scared. Have a little faith, I'll drop you by the right address." He said and I gave him a genuine smile.

"It's just...too new to me," I told and settled a bit. I sent my live location to Grace, just in case and texted her that I had reached London. 

"I'm Oliver." He said with a smile.

"I'm Kiera," I told him and he gave me an amused glance.

"Are you English?" He questioned and I chuckled. I got that a lot because Kiera was a popular English name.

"My mother was but she moved to New York for studies and then settled there itself," I told him and he hummed in understanding.  

"That's why. No one can get over English names, anyway." He joked and I laughed. We had a little more chat and I was feeling a lot better, more comfortable.

"If you don't mind, what was so urgent that you came here? I mean, if it wasn't urgent you wouldn't land in the night, and it's also your first time." He reasoned out after asking the question.

"I'm already very late to be here," I told him and looked away. Two months late, to be precise.

"Heartache." He muttered and I didn't comment anything. He stopped the car outside a big house. I gave him a questioning look. 

"Your destination, Kiera." He said and I nodded with a smile. We both got down the car. He helped my trolley out of his trunk. Luckily, I had used the ATM at the airport so I had the money to give him. 

"Thank you so much. I can now have trust in this new place." I told him and he smiled.

"No worries. Hope your heart heals." He told me and sat in the car and left. 

I turned to the huge house and took in deep breaths. I was now in trouble not knowing how to face him. I was outside his door, in another country. 

I stood outside the gate and exhaled a huge breath. I pressed the doorbell. I waited but no response from the inside. I thought Alan wasn't there or he must be sleeping, so I decided to leave for now and I turned around. 

Suddenly, the door was open and my heart raced inside my chest. I slowly turned around and my eyes met his. 

His light brown eyes felt cold as if he had lost his warmth. His face wasn't bright like it used to be. The happiness and calmness that used to cast upon him, was also missing.

"Era." I heard him whisper, and my heart couldn't bear this feeling and the trolley in my hand had hit the ground. 

I was engulfed in a pair of strong arms and smelled the smell of alcohol with his cologne. I felt the warmth spread in me, as Alan's arms embraced me.

I felt tears out of my eyes as I felt in his familiar warmth. It wasn't like I had forgotten that he had hurt me but at the same time, I just wanted to embrace this person whom I had loved.

He pulled away and looked at me as if he couldn't believe it. Hell, even I'd be shocked to see myself here.

"You're real." He muttered and that made me think that he dreamt about me. And to be honest, I was loving knowing that.