31 - It's Been a Weird Evening

"So, you think it was a prophecy?" Toby asked.

"What else could it have been?" Ophelia said. "Possession-like, a voice that's not yours, it sounds very prophecy-ish."

"You know about prophecies?" Delilah asked.

"I know a little bit." Ophelia replied.

Delilah looked intrigued. "How much?"

"Enough to know that most wizards take them seriously. Even those who don't believe in divination believe in prophecies." Ophelia explained.

"So, prophecies are real then? The real deal?" Delilah asked, for clarification.

Ophelia nodded.

"Oh no," Delilah whispered. "Ok then this is bad, really bad."

"Bad?" Astrid asked, confused.

"You don't think, the prophecy concerned..." Delilah paused for a moment to take in a breath. "My future?"

Ophelia gave the others a worried look. She knew the answer, but based of Delilah's reaction – wasn't exactly keen on saying so.

"Does it?" Delilah asked, becoming more frustrated.

"It's most likely." Ophelia said quietly.

"Shit."

"Delilah, you didn't say it sounded that bad last night!" Astrid said.

"Yeah, cos last night I didn't believe in prophecies!" Delilah shouted, increasingly worried. "But since they're apparently real then-" Delilah cut herself off, panicking.

"What did she say that could be so bad?" Toby asked.

"I- I don't really remember it! That's the problem..." Delilah said, rambling slightly. "Why didn't I fucking listen? Wait. Listen. That was something. She said that. I just can't remember anything else..."

"You said a bit of it last night." Astrid reminded her.

"What she say last night?" Ophelia asked, intrigued.

Astrid wracked her brain. "Something about dark angels, whatever that means. And, and," Astrid hesitated.

"What?" Toby asked.

"An evil shall rise." Astrid finished.

"Shiiiiiit." Delilah was freaking out behind them. "And she said it to me, yeah? To me. It was for me. I don't want to fight an evil! I'm not ready, I-"

"Some prophecies take years to come true." Ophelia offered.

"Years?" Delilah asked, worried but now for a different reason. "You mean I might have this prophecy looming over me for years? How am I going to enjoy my life when I know there's a day that evil is rising and for some reason I'm going to be involved?!"

"Because when the time comes you won't have to fight it alone."

The group turned to see who the voice came from.

It was James Potter.

Delilah was in stunned silence.

"What are you doing here?" Astrid asked, accusingly.

"I might ask you the same question, seeing as I've never seen you in here before." James replied.

"She's with us now, James." Ophelia explained.

"Ah! Ophelia! Good to see you!" James exclaimed.

Astrid was confused.

"We eat here every day, James comes and steals food sometimes." Toby explained. "We're bound to run into one another at some point."