21 - Wizard-Worthy Dating Clothes

Delilah's mood was not lifted when she entered potions the next morning. Maddie was even more excited about going to Hogsmeade with James, and the more excited she got – the angrier Delilah became.

They were continuing that lesson with the Draught of Living Death, but since Delilah had already made a perfect potion, she essentially had a free period. Dunthorp had told her to help the other students, and Delilah jumped at the opportunity to stay away from Maddie, also taking the word 'help' to mean talk to Ted the entire time.

"Hey." She said, walking up to him.

"Hi." He replied. "Heard you made a perfect potion last lesson, smartarse."

"I may have done," Delilah responded.

Ted's potion had gone so disastrously wrong last lesson he had to start again. He had just started to pour the infusion of wormwood into his potion.

"Stop." Delilah said, putting her hand on his, before any of the wormwood could escape the bottle.

"I haven't even started!" Ted said.

"You need to shake the wormwood first. Makes the ingredients active."

Ted looked suspiciously at Delilah.

"She's right, you know." Toby said.

"Toby!" Delilah exclaimed. "I didn't notice you there!"

Toby smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, fat lot of good you were yesterday," Ted began, "If you knew this why didn't you tell me? Just watched my potion turn all goopy and burn a hole in my cauldron."

"Sorry I don't pay attention to everything you do, Ted, contrary to your beliefs." Toby said. "Anyway, it's not my job to help you – it's your NEWT after all."

Ted scoffed. "It's not like you had a perfect potion last lesson, is it?"

Delilah moved to stand between Ted and Toby. "Now, now, boys, don't fight."

Toby had turned and looked down at his instructions – miles ahead of Ted, since he didn't need to restart – and started trying to cut the Sopophorus Bean.

Delilah saw him struggle. "It's much easier if you crush it." She whispered – not letting Ted hear. Toby smirked, and crushed the beans with ease, adding the juice to the potion.

"What was that?" Ted asked.

"Nothing." Delilah said. "Maybe I'll tell you if you're nice to me."

"I'm already letting you come to Hogsmeade with me, Jones, that's my good deed for the week."

Ted started to sprinkle his powdered root of Asphodel into the potion.

"Ted." Delilah said.

"Whaaaaaat?" he asked, exasperated.

"That isn't powdered."

"It is!"

"No, it's crushed. You need to grind it for at least ten minutes for it to be powdered."

"What does it matter, it's all going in the potion anyway?"

"Look at how your potion turned out last lesson, compared to mine, Harrison, and I think you'll find you should listen to me."

"If you say so, Queen of Potions." Ted said sarcastically, but grinded the remains of his Asphodel anyway. "Should I call you Lady Delilah now?"

"Focus on your potion."

"Yes, your majesty."

***

Delilah had come out of potions in a much better mood, this time, and her spirits were lifted even more when she was told they were having a fun lesson in transfiguration.

Cursed With Curious Minds | Hp Next GenerationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara