Miguel smiled, then replied in his best Yoda voice, "Voice deep. Breathing heavy."

Ayane shook her head with a laugh. "You are so stupid."

"But you love me for it."

"Mm... questionable."

Miguel scoffed and pretended to be offended. Just then, a piece of ice hit Miguel in the face. They both looked over in the direction it came from.

Ayane raised an eyebrow. "Tory? I can't believe you've been in here this whole time and haven't said anything."

Tory seemed a little off with Ayane, though.

"What- you think I'm required to talk to you as soon as you walk into a room? Forgive me, your highness."

Ayane frowned, wondering what Tory's problem was.

"Um, okay then..." She turned back to Miguel, shrugging at his confused expression.

"I thought you guys were getting along," Miguel said, shaking his head.

Ayane shrugged again. "I thought we were, too. I don't know. I think..." She trailed off, thinking about what happened at the beach club yesterday. Of course, that's what it was about.

"I tell you later," she said, glancing over at Tory. "Anyway, are we gonna get some ice cream or what?"

Miguel dismissed it, throwing his hands on the table. "Ice cream. Yes."

While they were talking and eating their ice cream, Hawk walked over. He had a new color mohawk, Ayane noticed.

"Nice color," she said, but Hawk did not say thank you.

"Why does Sensei Kreese like you so much? He's always using you as an example in class. Kinda stupid, if you ask me."

Ayane glanced at Miguel.

"He's telling the truth," Miguel said, "Kreese talks about you nonstop."

She slowly looked back up to Hawk. "I-I don't know. I guess he just... thinks I'm really good. Or maybe it's to make you guys more determined. It's a good tactic."

Hawk rolled his eyes. "Whatever. And why are you always hanging out around us? You said it yourself- you're not a Cobra Kai."

Ayane dropped her spoon, clenching her fist. Miguel looked over, noticing her whitening knuckles.

"I'm here with my boyfriend, not for you. So why don't you get over yourself?"

She stood up, grabbing her bag and storming out of the restaurant.

Miguel stood, turning to Hawk. Everyone was looking at them.

"Can you stop being a piece of shit for two seconds?" Miguel snapped, turning and going after Ayane.

"Ayane!" he called, catching her outside.

She stopped, turning around with her arms crossed. "What?"