17| Can you help me?

24th August 2017

24th August 2017

L U K A

I jump back onto the second level of the Eiffel Tower, my skin tight suit already wet from the rain that had started, not too long ago.

I saw Ladybug and Cat Noir, fighting Hawkmoth on my left while on my right, the white and black-suited heroine handled Mayura on her own. I was about to rush towards her and help her tackle Mayura but my peripheral vision caught a blur of black and the next thing I knew, I felt a sharp pain in my left cheek.

My eyes suddenly flew open only to land on the painted silhouettes of the birds on the ceiling. I felt something cold, resting on my cheek and I picked it up to realise it was Juleka's hand. I turned my head towards her to see her body splattered across almost the whole bed leaving me no place to sleep.

So, she was the one who slapped me.

I touched my cheek, which was now burning red from the impact of her hand. I pushed her body towards her half of the bed and lay down on my pillow with a huff.

That was a weird dream.

I decided to shake it off and looked at the phone to check the time.

6:03 AM

My brows furrowed in confusion as to why I woke up at this time again. Ever since I had been staying in Kolkata, I have been having weird dreams and woke up every single time at six o'clock in the morning. The dreams usually evolved around this particular white-masked girl, whose face I could never recall. I always forgot these strange dreams when I woke up but I knew that a white-masked girl was a part of it.

I got up from the bed and walked out of the room. I headed down the stairs to the washroom. On my way, I heard a faint laugh. I followed the sound to see my Mom and Sharma aunty standing near the window, with a cup of coffee in their hands, gossiping about something.

"Aye Luka! Good to see you awake this early!", my mom said in her same enthusiastic voice. I simply smiled at her when Sushma aunty spoke, "Well Luka, I hope you, along with your sister have become good friends with Preeti."

"Yes. We have", I said and shifted my weight from one foot to another.

Why do I have to get this awkward during conversations?

"That's great! Preeti's Mom called me a few minutes ago asking us when you three were going back to Paris, and since it was on the same day, she was also leaving, we decided to book the tickets together", Sushma aunty spoke and smiled at me while I stood there, grinning like an idiot for no particular reason. "That's wonder- I mean yeah it's great!", I stuttered out.

Get yourself together, idiot.

Mom and Sushma aunty launched into another conversation, on a different topic and I went to the washroom to freshen up for the new day.