31.

It felt like ages since I had seen Elle, when in reality it had only been a little over a week. Slowly but surely she and Emily were moving a bunch of Elle's stuff from her house to the apartment, since they had decided to move in together at the end of the school year. As soon as she had a moment of free time I dragged her out of the apartment, the two of us going out to get bubble tea and to go shopping. I also purposely dragged her out because Emily asked me to get her something nice to wear, and gave me her credit card to use. And because it was finals and I knew for a fact the two of us needed to get out of the dorms. We went to like ten different shops before she found a beautiful black bodycon dress that I begged her to buy, helping her choose a necklace and pair of earrings to go with it. She questioned my need for her to buy the dress, but I told her that I just really wanted her to have it because she looked good in it. She didn't have to know that I was working on Operation Get Elle to Say Yes along with everyone else. We were making sure everything was going to be perfect, and we were determined to make that the best night of their lives.

We were walking through the mall when I met eyes with Luke, who was standing there with... was that Penelope? He walked closer to me and I froze, not entirely sure what to do.

"Y/N, funny seeing you here." Luke smiled. "Are you the...?"

"Me? She wishes." Elle laughed. "I'm spoken for."

"Elle, I'd like you to meet my new co-worker, Luke Alvez. Although, you did have a class with him so I'd hope you two know each other."

"Oh, Greenaway, right? The profiler in training."

"You're looking at her." she smiled. "Nice to see you again, Professor."

"You didn't tell me you were friends with one of the smartest people in my Intro to Criminal Justice class."

"Smart? It's just common sense."

Penelope was staring at me in shock. "Pen, you good?"

"I- uh..."

"You know Penelope?" Luke looked at me.

"She's my girlfriend's neighbor."

"Ah." he smiled. "Well, I won't keep you two for too long. Oh, Y/N, were you able to talk to Tara about going in to fill out paperwork?"

"Yeah, I'm going in on the 17th." I smiled excitedly. "By the time everything is properly filed, I should be able to start by January."

"Good! I can't wait. I expect to see you at the BAU soon."

We waited until Luke was out of earshot to start gossiping about the BAU, me telling her everything I had known about it so far. She was intrigued, and I figured it was mostly because she was just curious to see what I was doing since I wouldn't be on campus anymore. By the time we got back to my dorm we ate dinner and then started to pack up all of my stuff, knowing that I'd have to get it all home before I officially started my job, and because my housing agreement ended at the end of the semester. It was bittersweet, moving back home but at the same time, I needed to be closer to Quantico so I could get to work whenever we got called in. I signed up for all online classes next semester and was pretty much ready to go, the only thing that I had to do to be fully ready was move out. I had revamped some of my wardrobe, going out with Emily and getting some more business casual clothes as well as stealing some of JJ's shirts to wear, even though they were the teeniest bit big on me. I had gotten all of my stuff, including my new gobag, which had the FBI emblem on the side and was my new prized possession. I left it back home with Matt over Thanksgiving Break, knowing that if I bought it back here something would happen to it.

We were packing the last container when Derek walked in, confused as to what was happening.

"What's going on, Y/N?"