It took a bit to get the kids to go up to bed, mostly because they were hyped up on sugar since Matt let them sneak candy while Kristy wasn't looking. JJ and I finally got to go to our room around 9:30 when Kristy took everyone upstairs for their bedtime story, and the two of us curled into my bed, tired as all hell.

"Today was fun."

I scoffed. "You're grasping at straws, love."

"All that matters is that we're finally alone, and I can do so many things with you." she snuck her hand under my shirt, smirking.

"And what do you plan on doing to me, mommy?"

"Well, I guess you'll just have to find out, baby."

---

I woke up to the sounds of the kids banging on my door. I looked at the clock, sighing as I read 7:30am flashing in bright red numbers. I turned and dug my head into JJ's chest, groaning as she started to wake up. She chuckled, rubbing my bare back lightly as I fought the urge to scream at the kids to leave us alone.

"They're eager to see us."

"They're lucky I locked the door." I mumbled into her chest, a huff of air falling from my lips. "I would actually murder them if they walked in on us right now."

"Please don't do that." JJ chuckled. "If we pretend that we're not awake, maybe they'll leave us alone."

"Y/N! Jennifer! Wake up!"

"I was wrong."

I begrudgingly rolled out of bed, finding one of our shirts from the night previous to slip over my head before I pulled on undies and sweats, throwing JJ some clothes that were on the floor from the night previous. Soon as I knew she was dressed I opened the door, playfully glaring at the kids as they stood outside. They grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen, telling me about how excited they were for all of us to go trick or treating tonight. I helped them get the cheerios before setting it down on the table, going over to the fridge to get the milk as JJ walked in, going straight to the coffee machine. Matt and Kristy weren't down yet, and I had a feeling they were taking the time to sleep in while we dealt with the kids. After we sent them upstairs to brush their teeth and things for the day, JJ and I slipped back into my bedroom to change into our outfits for the day. I decided to pull on a pair of leggings with my shirt, JJ digging around my room to find her shirt. I chuckled and threw the shirt she was going to wear today in her direction, laughing louder as it landed straight on top of her head. She playfully glared at me as she pulled it over her head, grabbing a pair of jeans and slapping my ass with them.

I grabbed my makeup and went to sit in front of my mirror, deciding to do a small winged liner today to go with my outfit. It took me a few times to get it right, but I finally got the wing I wanted on both eyes and slapped on some mascara before I met JJ and the kids back out in the living room. Matt and Kristy were finally downstairs, listening along to the kids as they all explained the giant plan that they had to hit as many houses as they could tonight. I slid onto the loveseat with JJ, curling myself up on top of her lap as she scrolled through her email. She wrapped her arm around me, pulling me closer and placing a kiss on the nape of my neck.

"Y/N? Did you hurt yourself last night?" Jake looked at me, head tilted to the side. "Why is there a bruise on your neck?"

"What?" my hands flew up to my neck, trying to find the bruise. "What are you talking about?"

"You have a bruise on your neck, JJ just kissed it."

My eyes widened, as did JJ's. We looked at each other and then back at Jake, who was still looking at us with confusion written all over his face. I didn't even notice that one of my hickey's from the night before were peeking through the collar of my shirt. I could feel my face turning red from embarrassment, and I looked over to see Matt and Kristy fighting off a fit of laughter. I glared at them as I pulled the collar of my shirt up closer to my neck, trying to hide everything that we had done the night previous. We really needed to be more careful next time. The kids seemed to forget everything that was just said and went back to continuing to work out their plan about how they were going to go around the neighborhood that night, leaving me and JJ to bask in our own embarrassment. Kristy thankfully had an extra fashionable Halloween scarf that I could wear, which I was greatly appreciative of. I did not need the neighborhood to see my love marks from my girlfriend.

Around dinner time, the kids were antsy as hell, ready to go out and get as much candy as they could. Matt took all of them upstairs to get dressed for the night while I went to adjust the scarf on my neck, making sure it covered everything it needed to cover. I threw on a jean jacket over it, since I knew it was going to be somewhat cold. I helped Kristy put some leftovers out for the kids, taking my own plate and sitting next to JJ as we ate together. I leant my head on her shoulder as everyone came filing in, smiling at the scene in front of us. David came in last, dressed up in a suit and tie with Matt's badge clipped to his suit.

"David, who are you supposed to be?" Kristy tilted her head to the side. "What happened to Green Lantern?"

"I decided instead to dress up as daddy." he smiled. "Because daddy's a hero." 

I couldn't help but tear up, my hands going to rest over my mouth as I watched Matt pull David in for a hug. I looked up at JJ, who was touched as well. The two of us got up from the table and made sure everything was ready for the night, waiting for everyone in the living room.

"Are you ready to see them go absolutely feral tonight?"

JJ laughed. "The only one I'm going to see going feral is you, darling, when I get you into bed tonight."