And so Kyoya Met Him!

(This is also gonna be a short chapter since it's Kyoya's origins and the girls don't have anything to do with his origin story.)

"Welcome to the Host Club!"

Kotatsu decorated the room.

"Indeed, it is a kotatsu. Normally, they're only used in the winter. It may be a little early in the season for one of these, but I figured it was perfect for you ladies. After all, you're always one step ahead of the crowd, aren't you? Now, my darlings, I hope you will enjoy today's homestyle kotatsu service presented by our Host Club." Tamaki exclaims.

...

Haruhi stretches, "I never really thought of sitting under a kotatsu as fun."

"Well, the ladies seem to enjoy it." Kyoya writes in his notebook.

"Was this one of Tamaki-senpai's ideas?" Katsumi asks.

"Yeah."

Haruhi glances at the vice president.

"What's the matter? Do you have something against kotatsu?" Kyoya asks her.

"Not at all. I was just thinking about something. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Host Club was originally founded by both you and Tamaki, right?" Haruhi asks.

"That is correct."

"Okay, well, here's what I don't get. Why would somebody as cool as you fall for a crazy idea like a high school host club?"

"Katsumi!" Tamaki calls her over, "Can you come here for a moment?"

"Coming, Tamaki-senpai!" the heterochromia girl runs over to him.

Kyoya smiles and closes his eyes, "Well, because it was a crazy idea."

"Huh?" Haruhi asks as the vice president closes his notebook. He then tells her the story of how he met Tamaki and how the two formed the Host Club.