"Then listen!" He trapped by body with his. "Stop running away and just fucking listen."

"I want you, Natalie – only you!" He reached out for my hands which were resting in my lap as his gaze held mine. "You are probably the most difficult person I have met, but you're all I want."

"I find myself thinking about you all the time..." I mumbled shyly. "You constantly drive me crazy with how overprotective you are. And even though I want to slap you 90% of the time, there is just something about you that won't let me stay away! I've never exp –"

All of a sudden, Aiden's lips were on mine and I sat frozen in place. It took my brain a few seconds to register what was happening before I sat up straight and wrapped my arms around his neck, melting into his touch.

Completely ignoring the fact that we were in public and anyone could just walk in and find us making out on a table, I kissed him back with the same amount of passion.

The kiss was sweet and passionate. Not like the ones we've shared before. No – there was something different about the way his lips moved with mine, and how our mouths molded together perfectly. His arms wrapped around my body tightly as I tangled my fingers in his hair.

When Aiden pulled back, a lopsided smile stretched across his face as he said, "Go out with me."

As soon as the words left his mouth, my stomach tightened in an unusual way. "Wha –"

"No more running away, Princess." He said, peering down at me. "Be my girlfriend."

Girlfriend.

One word that was so... foreign.

I felt the heat rush to my face as I tried to avert my eyes so they were anywhere except on Aiden.

I've never had a boyfriend before. Sure – there have been other guys before him, but nothing so... official. The thought alone terrified me, but it also brought on a surge of excitement.

I glanced down when I felt a hand close around mine, and then looked back up to meet Aiden's intense gaze. "You're so cheesy." I teased.

"Is that a yes, Princess?"

"I mean... I guess I can fit you into my schedule." I smirked as I reached up to capture his lips with mine.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"Lucky me then."

Afterwards, Aiden and I were at his locker and I was sitting on the floor while he was he was putting on his cleats.

"Hey," I bit my bottom lip as I asked him, "What's going on with Lucas today?"

"He's... This time of year is just really hard for him." Aiden sighed, a sadness in his eyes.

"How come?"

"I'm sorry, Princess." He shook his head. "That's not my place to tell you."

"However," He continued, flashing me a knowing smile. "I can tell you that he won't be at practice today and if you hurry, I think you can catch him in the parking lot."

How did he know...

"Go." He pecked my lips one last time before nudging me up.

"You're the best!" I called out over my shoulder as I limped out to the parking lot.

Now was not the time for pain, I thought angerly.

Luckily there weren't that many cars left so Lucas's Jeep was easy to spot. As I made my way over to him, he was shoving his gym bag in the trunk.