"That's it?" I asked dumbly. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

"That's it." He nodded. "It helped that the video was only posted that morning."

"What about the black eye?" I bit my lip nervously.

"Ahh." Aiden chuckled. " That – well he had that coming from a mile away."

"Aiden!" I scolded. "Violence is not the answer!"

"So then I guess I probably shouldn't tell you that I smashed his phone against the wall?" He sheepishly looked up at me, amusement playing in his voice.

"Aiden!"

"I love it when you say my name, Princess."

Boys are so... so confusing!

On top of Aiden's surprise this morning, Lucas was also acting weird. He wasn't acting his usual cheery and extra annoying self. Instead – he was quiet and barely said a word to Caroline and I. When I asked her about it, she said he's been like that all day and wouldn't tell her what was wrong.

I also tried talking to him, but he left class as soon as the bell rang.

After eight period, I was determined to go and find Lucas to make sure he was okay, but it seems Aiden had other plans.

"Princess." I heard him call out, but instead of turning around I kept walking.

Princess my ass. He can go call that blonde bimbo princess, as far as I'm concerned.

"Natalie." He grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"What?" I rolled my eyes as I snatched my wrist from him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern evident in his features.

"I'm fine."

"What's going on with you today?"

"Nothing."

"Natalie."

"Why don't you go flirt with that blonde cheerleader from earlier." The words came out of my mouth faster than I could stop myself.

Fuck.

"What are yo –" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and his voice was laced with disbelief. "Are you serious right now?"

"Yes." I folded my arms across my chest and looked at him expectantly.

"Come on." He snatched my wrist again and pulled us into the first empty classroom he came across. Slamming the door shut, he turned to face me. "First of all, I wasn't flirting with her. She just wanted to know about Friday's game."

"Oh – so now I'm blind too?" I snorted.

He was so not helping his case right now.

"I didn't say that!" He narrowed his eyes at me in annoyance. "But what exactly do you want from me, Natalie? You push me away, and now you're here mad that I was talking to someone else?"

Yes.

In the heat of the moment I shouted, "I don't know!"

"I don't know what the fuck I want!" I threw by backpack on the nearest seat and sat ontop of the desk. "I've never had to deal with this before. All of these feeling and emotions."

He hesitantly took a few steps towards me until he was standing right in front of me. "So talk to me."

"I – I... I – don't know – " I stammered over my own words. Why was it all of a sudden so difficult to form a proper sentence?