I'm nosy – I wanna know what the latest gossip is.

As the two of them came to stand in front of me, I quirked an eyebrow. "Are you two still keeping your hush hush secrets?"

"I don't know what you're taking about." Caroline stated matter of factly, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Sure." I nodded. I figured they would tell me when they were ready, and I could give them hell later on for keeping it from me for so long. The perks of friendship.

"Well if it isn't my favorite ladies at Northside High." Lucas's voice says from behind us as he is strutting his way towards my locker. I do a quick scan to see if Aiden is behind him, but he's alone. Aiden's probably off getting lucky with who knows this week.

I smiled sweetly. "Lucas, we're the only girls who tolerate you for longer than five minutes."

"I'm hurt Natalie, I really am." He sniffles while pretending to wipe a nonexistent tear from his left eye.

I chuckle in response. I swear Lucas can go work in Hollywood with how dramatic he is. "Well guys, as much as I'd love to sit and chit chat, I have a very romantic winter break planned which involves me, myself, and I with Netflix and pizza."

Slamming my locker shut, I turn towards Caroline and Brooke. "I'll see you guys on the 24th."

"Natalie, really – you hurt my feelings." Lucas piped in. "I came over here to invite you guys to hang out and celebrate the end of yet another treacherous semester of high school, and you want to ditch me for Netflix?"

"Oh really?" I laughed. "And what illegal activities do you have planned for us this time?"

Following dare night, I found my mom still awake when I got home that night, sporting a very concerned expression on her face. She sat me down and gave me a whole talk about being responsible and always coming to her if I'm ever in trouble or need money.

It took some convincing, but I finally got her to understand it was just a stupid dare and that I haven't gotten myself into any trouble, nor anything illegal.

"Unfortunately, there are no illegal activities involved this time." Lucas replied solemnly. "The guys and I usually hang out on the last day of school before everyone heads off for the holidays. This year, I thought I would extend the invitation."

"What guys?" Caroline perked.

"Me of course." Lucas pointed to himself. "Aiden, Cody and Alex."

Caroline turned towards me, "Nat, I'm sure your Netflix can wait. Pretty please with a cherry on top! I wanna hang out with Aiden's sexy friends."

Really subtle Caroline, real subtle.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes at her. Then I turned to Lucas and pointed at him, "As long as there are no illegal activities involved this time."

"I promise." He smirked before turning his attention towards Caroline. Putting his arm around her shoulder he said, "You know, if you want to hang out with me, all you have to do is ask Caroline."

"I don't bite." He added causing Caroline's face to turn beet red.

Brooke and I just watched amused as Caroline patted his shoulder sympathetically before walking in front of him out towards the parking lot. "I wasn't talking about you."

"You say that now, cupcake!" Lucas shouted after her.

As soon as I stepped foot outside the school building, I was immediately hit with the sharp December wind. Zipping my jacket up and wrapping the long scarf I had on tightly around, I tried to conceal as much of my body heat as possible.

Unfoldingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें