A Spontaneous but Pleasant Encounter (Gastina)

Soy Luna Tumblr ficweek 2021 (Day 1)

Nina strongly grasped the paper that had written her room number for the year. Even Though, she arrived early meaning she had yet to find out who she was rooming with. Her nerves were truly at its peak when she discovered while walking into campus that the council decided to pair the girls rooms with the boys rooms. Boys... in the same dorm hallway. She already felt scared starting the new year at Oxford but now she feels uncomfortable knowing there was going to be adult males too. She wondered "what if it's the guys who host those massive overnight parties. How on earth would I be able to study if people next door are partying all night long." Nina had jumped into a spiral of thoughts by just overthinking everything.

Once she arrived at her room she had the pleasure of choosing which bed she wanted since her roommate hadn't arrived yet. She unclasped her luggage after setting it on top of the trunk and began to store her belongings in drawers, shelves and any other kind of available space in her side of the room.

Knock-knock. Nina heard as she was hanging up her shirts in the closet. Must be her new roommate. "I'm coming," Nina hurried as she went to the door. She's been waiting, wanting to anxiously know who she was going to spend all year with. She grasped the door knob, turned it, and opened the door to a revealing surprise. "Gaston?!"

Both, Gaston and Nina stood there in shock looking at one another. "Nina!... Wlle it's nice to see you again but how were you able to find my room and enter it. Don't get me wrong it's a pleasure to see you again but this feels a little creepy even though I know I'm hard to forget."

Nina let out a small frown at his words and replied with "Gaston you really think I would do something like that. I don't know if this is another one of your jokes but this is my room. Even though they have combined girl rooms with boy rooms in the same hallway doesn't mean they get to share the same rooms. Girls with girls, boys with boys."

Gaston scratches his head and glances at his paper again. "But Nina this is my room, 2774."

Nina walks to her dresser, grabs her yellow slip and reads out loud "2774, how odd that's the same number I got. We need to go speak to the director, this must be a mistake."

Gaston is now smirking in front of Nina while she wears a questionable look towards his expressions. "Maybe we don't have to fix this mistake. Maybe we can stay roommates and catch up on what we've missed. Maybe this is fate that has brought us here Nina."

Nina now choking on her words says, "No no no Gaston, we can't. We would get in big trouble if I don't say anything about this and I cannot get in trouble on my first day already. Plus it would seem fishy if they saw a boy in a year after me in the same dorm room as I am. We can always hang out and even catch up outside of the dorm but I don't want to get in trouble."

Gaston now making a sullen look replies with "You're right. We should go."

"Sorry if I seem like a buzzkill. I'm happy we met but I wasn't expecting it to be like this."

"Yeah me neither."

~~~

"What do you mean we're going to be roommates for the week. Isn't that against the rules?" Gaston asked. "Yes it is but we've already implemented a system for the roommates which means all of the other rooms are taken. We're now going to have to wait for when a spot opens up. My deepest apologies for the whole mixup by the way. Don't worry too much though, this problem should be fixed by the end of the week," the dean of the campus reassured them. But what if Gaston didn't want the issue to be fixed anytime soon, what if he does want to be Nina's roommate. Gaston's already imagining all of the possibilities of him being able to rekindle his romance with Nina.