❛❛45❞

Her pupils narrowed and seemed to flee from the expanding whites of her eyes from what she was witnessing. The mark; the crescent moon on her neck.

It was gone . . .

Instead right by its side was Jungkook's mark, the mating mark, the acceptance mark, the seal of their bond.

"How the hell . . ." she moved her neck here and there trying to find the mark but it wasn't there.

But it was on her neck since she was born, how can it vanish just like that? Was it even there or she was just hallucinating? No, it was, it was there. She had endured the pain of that mark every full moon night, how can she forget it? And Yibo, he has seen it as well. Then how come it disappeared now?

Her mind was throwing a lot of questions at her and she couldn't find any answer to satisfy herself when two arms wrapped around her waist, once again.

This man hates distance between them.

"What happened? What's with that look on your face?" he asked putting his chin on her shoulder and glancing at her face.

"That mark . . ." she muttered under her breath which Jungkook couldn't understand.

"The mark, Jungkook. The crescent moon I had on my neck since my birth, it's gone," she turned around, "I've been bearing it's pain every full moon night, feeling as if my body is on flames and now it's gone, How? How's that possible?" she informed, turning around to look at him, about to break down.

Jungkook took in what she was telling him and reminsced the memories of that day when he was at Lockheart and her body reacted for the first time in front of him. He remembered sharing her pain that day, it was so painful, so burning as if he was drinking magma. And she was bearing the pain every full moon night?

Then isn't it for good that the mark is gone? Doesn't that mean she wouldn't have to bear it anymore? Doesn't that mean she'll finally be able to live peacefully? Yes, she will, he won't let her go through any kind of pain anymore. She has been through enough, they've been through enough, not anymore.

He came out of his thoughts when he felt Y/N clutching onto his shirt lightly, her eyes filled with tears. Oh, how much he hates seeing tears in her eyes.

"Jungkook . . . is that . . . is that for good? Am I not going to suffer anymore?" she lowly whispered, feeling a lump forming in her throat, she tried her best not to break down yet again but a lone tear managed to escape from the cage of her eyes.

"Hey," he cupped her small face in his hands, brushing the tear off her cheeks, "Of course, it's for good, my love. It's not there anymore, means you're free from it," he stroked her cheeks, "You've had enough, now, it's time for you to get some rest from it and live peacefully so it's gone,"

"Really? I'm so happy," she smiled through her teary eyes, Jungkook smiled at her as well, "So happy . . ." she wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him tightly, she inhaled his scent, trying to calm herself down but her eyes couldn't hold the tears anymore.

Jungkook hugged her back and she sobbed into his chest as he cradled her into his arms sharing the love through his embrace and continued to caress her hairs softly. That moment mattered more than anything for her, she had no care about how damp she was making his shirt while crying because she knew he's with her is what mattered.

The fabric, the design of the shirt and jacket looked more than familiar to her, but at that moment she cared about nothing more than him and the relief she achieved.

"Yibo, for heaven's sake, will you sit down, please? Nothing's gonna happen!" Luna sighed putting her hands on the table, frustrated by the dark-haired boy's continuous pacing in front of the dining table.