With this, I closed my eyes in determination and decided to tell them soon. I don't know how but soon I dozed off. By the time, I woke up, I noticed that it was already getting dark. Seeing this, I hurriedly stood up from the bed but stopped when I notice Dhruv, sitting on a couch and watching my every move. I bent down my head, not knowing how to look into his eyes which have so many unasked questions.

"Dhruv, this morning-" just when I started speaking, he interrupted me by closing the distance between us.

"Ssh. We will talk about this matter later. Go to our room and get ready for now. Swarna already called me once as you were not attending her calls. I gave her an excuse that I got busy with something. It's already past seven. We can't keep all of them in wait. Go, I will be downstairs." I nodded at him gratefully as I started heading outside the room along with him.

"Wear a dress that you are comfortable in because mom isn't there to help you with the saree. They have already left to your parent's house." He informed me before walking towards the stairs. Looking at his retreating figure, I decided to do something that had never imagined doing, ignoring the agonizing protests of my heart.

 Looking at his retreating figure, I decided to do something that had never imagined doing, ignoring the agonizing protests of my heart

Dhruv's pov:

I reached home before the clock strikes 5 as I was pretty worried about her, after witnessing her trembling in panic. The moment I entered the living room, Mom bombarded me with so many questions like why Aaru was crying when she came home and asked me about what happened in my office. When I explained to her about all the happenings those had taken in my office and she just frowned in confusion as to what was the reason for that.

When she asked me the same, I just shrugged my shoulders helplessly as I, myself was entirely clueless about the entire situation. She nodded at me and informed me that she was sleeping in her room. I went to my room and got dressed in formal wear before grabbing a quick bath. After that, I headed to mom's room to see Aaru. She was sleeping so peacefully without having any worries about this world.

I chuckled when I witnessed her weird sleeping postures. Meanwhile, Swarna once called me to ask why Aaru wasn't attending her calls and why we both were still not there! I just gave her some random excuse and informed her that we will reach there soon. Aadya informed me that they all were leaving and asked me to come soon along with Aaru.

Just when I got settled on the couch, once Aadhya left from there, I noticed Aaru was awake and saw her getting off the bed hurriedly after witnessing the dark sky through the window.

I shook my head and started watching her every move. Once she noticed my presence, she was about to explain the morning's incident but I assured her that she can explain everything later and informed her about Swaru's call before asking her to get ready.

Once I headed downstairs, I attended some emails while waiting for her. Soon I sensed her presence and lifted my head from my phone to have a glance at her but frowned a little when I noticed something. Don't get wrong, she was looking ethereal but her face was in complete contrast to it. Her eyes were blank, appearing almost lifeless and the usual glint in her pretty brown orbs were nowhere to be seen.