Chapter Thirty-Three

I've been trying to call Nash for about an hour now. Does he know? Who would do such a thing to me? I love Nash and now he might not even love me because I gave someone a ride. I put my phone down for a minute. I need to breathe.

I opened my window and stepped out into the yard. The sky is starting to turn into a pinkish orange color. I climbed up into one of our trees. I sat on a branch letting my feet dangle.

How am I going to last 178 days without Nash? With people constantly watching me. I'm not going to be able to talk to anybody without rumors of me cheating on Nash. Damn his fans. Damn my fans. Damn my classmates. Damn. I heard our front door open.

"Yeah, she's in the tree," Cam said. He came walking under me on the phone. "Somebody wants to talk to you."

I nodded and Cam threw his phone up at me. He's lucky I caught it. The screen was black, but I think that I can guess who it is. "H-hello?" I hesitated.

"Are you a monkey?" Nash said.

I laughed, "Only half monkey."

"I'd beg to differ," he said.

I laughed then paused for a second. "Are you mad at me?"

"Why? I trust you. Rae, I know everything about you now. I know that you would never cheat on me. I know that you're not like that. Listen, people are going to try to break us apart, but it's not going to happen, okay?"

"Okay," I said sighing in relief.

"DON'T QUOTE FAULT IN OUR STARS!" Nash yelled into the phone.

I laughed, "Sorry boo."

There was some yelling in the background, "Hey I got to go, I'll text ya tomorrow, okay?"

I giggled, "Okay."

"I hate you," Nash said.

"Love you too!" I said laughing.

"Bye, love you," he said laughing.

"Bye," I said hanging up the phone. I jumped down from the tree and ran inside to give Cam his phone back. "Everything okay?" He asked.

"Everything's perfect."

"Well, I have to leave now," he said hugging me. "See you sometime soon?"

I nodded, "I think I'm coming to L.A. Friday night."

He nodded, "Bye sis," he said kissing the top of my head.

"Bye." I watching him pull out of the driveway, then went to do my homework.

********************************************

Finally school is done for the week. Rumors spread the entire time, but it will be forgotten by the time the weekend is over. 175 days to go! Matt should be getting to my house soon. The game starts at six, and it's four right now. Two hours to spare.

Matt pulled in about five minutes in of thinking about what we can do. "MATTHEW LEE ESPINOSA!"

"RAE I DONT KNOW YOUR MIDDLE NAME DALLAS!" I jumped in his arms for a hug causing him to drop his bag, he's staying with Macy for the weekend. We both released and went inside.

"So, how is the queen?" He asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Well besides the fact that people think I'm cheating on Nash, I'm just peachy!"

He laughed, "Yeah, I know the feeling. I was caught by a fan while shopping so I talked to her and somebody got a picture and started the rumor about Macy and me."

"People are annoying."

"I hate people!" He said throwing his arms in the air, "Lets get rid of them!"

"Please tell me that we can make a vine out of this!" I said pulling out my phone.

"Let's do it! What's the plan!?"

"Okay, so we act like evil people sneaking around "killing" off people one by one."

"We need a twist for the end!" Matt said.

"I end up killing you!" I said.

"We need people!"

"I got some friends we can use, lets go!"

********************************************

We were now standing in the student section in our school gym. It was a black out night, so as in the description of what night it was, we were all wearing black.

Everybody accepted Matt to the section, I mean who wouldn't!? I was in the front row standing next to Matt and Joey.

I haven't hung out with Joey since the party a while back. He's been too scared to talk to me with Cam home and stuff. He leads the student section. We all get into the game. The teams were in a huddle before the game started, so Joey started the chant. "I!" He shouted.

"I!" We all repeated.

"I believe!" He shouted.

"I believe!"

"I believe that!"

"I believe that!"

"I believe that we!"

"I believe that we will win!"

"I believe that we will win!" We repeated then all started jumping, "I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!" We always skipped doing the will add, I don't know why, but that's what we've always done, and probably will never change it.

Our student section is pretty big. I mean we probably have a solid fifty or sixty high schoolers then middle schoolers all stand behind us because they are "getting ready" for when it's their turn. It gets crazy though. Especially on a night like this. First game of the season, and it's against our rivals. Yep. The tigers. Mallory's school. It's not just a softball rival with them, it's a school rival. Everything is so competitive between our two schools. Mallory is the setter for her team. Man I hate her.

Vote & Comment