Chapter Thirty

It was five o'clock. The doorbell rang. I was still in my room on my laptop going through Twitter. I made a vine earlier today about school. It was pretty funny, or at least I thought so.

"Rae! Come out of hiding! A few people wan to see you!" Mom said from down the hall.

Why would her boss want to see me? And why are they so early? I walked out of my room and was tackled to the ground. "Yeah some people want to see you little sis!" Cam said on top of me laughing.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked getting up.

"Well we knew that this dinner was pretty important to Mom, so we decided to come back and make sure you don't ruin it," Cam said aloud, then whispered in my ear "alone." So mom and whoever else was with him wouldn't hear.

"Who's we?" I asked.

"Your favorite sister!" I heard Sierra say behind me. I ran up to her to give her a hug, then turned to punch Cam in the arm for tackling me to the ground.

"Ow!" He yelped over exaggerating.

"Oh you'll be fine, princess," I said walking back into my room. Sierra went to talk to Mom and Cam came with me. I've always been close to Sierra but it's hard to be as close to Sierra with our age difference compared to Cam. Also I'm more like Cam with the whole athletic thing.

"So how's life?" He asked sitting in my desk chair and spinning in circles.

"Cam, I just talked to you like two hours ago about life. Not much has really changed," I said laughing at him.

"A lot could happen in two hours!" I rolled my eyes at him. We just kept talking about the most random things in my room until those people got here.

Cam and I came walking out of my room to meet the people. And you wouldn't believe who was the daughter of my mother's boss. Can this day get any worse? That bitch who I'm pretty sure is stalking me or Nash.

"These are my other two kids, Cameron and Rae," Mom said to her boss. Cameron being the gentleman he is shook the hand of Mom's boss and his wife while I just smiled at them.

"This is our daughter Whitney." She smiled at my mom, sister, and brother then turned to me.

"What a small world Rae Dallas!" She said with a fake smile. She hugged me acting like we were friends. Um no. She smelt like expensive perfume.

I put on a smile, "Yeah it is!"

"Well do you two know each other?" Mom asked.

"We met a few weeks ago in L.A.," Whitney answered.

"And then saw each other again at Disney," I said off to the side, she glared at me, but nobody noticed. This is going to be a long night.

********************************************

We were sitting in the dining room, I was next to Cam and Sierra. They were talking about Whitney and how well she's "accomplished" life so far with her age. Like what? Shouldn't we be talking about Cam and me if we're talking about most accomplished lives so far at such a young age. "So Rae, what have you been doing lately? Anything interesting in school or outside?" Whitney's dad, Mr. Johnson asked.

"Well, I play softball and run in track," I said looking down. I wonder if I should mention Vine or YouTube. Or would I start a my kid is better than your fight?

"That's it?" Mrs. Johnson asked, Whitney's mom asked.

"Yep."

"Oh come on Rae, you don't need to be modest," Cam said, "Talk about Vine and YouTube."

"Why don't you?" I asked him. I don't want to attention on me. I just want this night to be over.

"Well okay," he said, "Rae and I both dabble in the business of social media."

"Dabble?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"Oh he doesn't dabble! He's famous! You have to have seen me watching some of Cameron's videos Daddy!" Whitney said, not even mentioning me in this whole 'we don't dabble' deal.

"You know I thought I recognized you!" He said laughing.

"Rae does it too," Cam said, "She's better than me! She's really creative actually! It's like she's made for Vine. She has the most followers on vine out of girls on there. It's kind of funny, her boyfriend has the most followers as a guy. His name is Nash Grier. He-"

"Okay Cam we get it," I said interrupting Cam getting pissed off.

"I love Nash! He's probably my favorite viner! His eyes are beautiful, and he's just so funny!" Whitney said, "I just love him so much." I hate her.

"What kind of vines do you make?" Mrs. Johnson asked.

"Mainly funny or relatable. I also try make sure I tell my fans that I love them all and that they're amazing about once a week."

"And you fit that all in six seconds?" She asked. I nodded, "what about you Cameron?"

"Same as Rae, except mine are better," he said joking around.

We all laughed, "You wish!"

"Nash's are the best though," Whitney said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Rae also has softball within that whole Viners life," Sierra said.

"What position do you play?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"Catcher, and I'm the sacrifice with hitting."

"You're not even a sacrifice, you're safe every time," Mom said laughing, "You and Macy are unstoppable." I looked over to Mr. Johnson and he was really interested. "Macy is Rae's best friend who is the pitcher on the team, they both are very fast, talented, and smart players.

"You know, I used to play baseball," Mr. Johnson said, "I was the catcher too. It's brutal back there. Always the dirtiest at the end of the game. Your best friend was the glove." He laughed a little, "Man I cannot tell you the number of gloves I used throughout the years."

"Finally! Somebody understands my struggle!" I said.

"And the number of bruises and cleat marks. By the end of season your legs were practically purple."

"Please it's after every game now! But it's definitely worth it at the end of the game when your shaking hands with the other team after wins."

"What's your record from when you started?" He asked.

"97-0."

"And have you been the catcher for those game?"

"Yes sir, never missed one." He nodded, hopefully impressed.

"Oh my gosh! Nash posted a new vine!" Whitney said interrupting us. "I have his notifications on because he's my favorite ever." That's it, I'm going to kill her.

Vote & Comment